My family and I are leaving for Italy at the end of May. I am approaching 3 score years and have some minor health problems that pop up at inconvenient times (kidney stones...) ....I have BCBS under our state employees health plan in NC. They will reimburse expenses overseas. but would Trip Health Insurance be of benefit for peace of mind? If so, has anyone tried a plan that has proved helpful in Italy. What is the health care like there? I will be near Venice and in Rome. Are there any tips or guidelines that I should follow there in the event I need medication or treatment?
Medical care in Italy Will Blue Cross work ...just in case???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 2 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 3 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 4 Train to Airport in Venice
- 5 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 6 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 7 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 8 Foie gras, redux
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation