My fiancee and I would like to exchange our vows in Italy--or Greece. We have been to Italy several times and would be going for a civil ceremony. We have started our process here in the U.S. and now are down to the wire on locale.
We like the idea of the Amalfi Coast because it will be the end of September/beginning of October.
We have stayed in Praiano and a locanda there was lovely but our preferred room is taken. Any thoughts on a special spot in southern Italy that any of you hold dear and would recommend?
I would like to keep the cost to under $250-300 USD per night but my fiancee suggests we stay open to a higher price for this.Also it could be Bari or areas around there!
Mostly we want warm (ish) weather and great food. We found that in Amalfi there were lots of places (and the locanda) with great seafood.
As for Greece--we've never been there and do love new places and adventure. I don't know where to begin there. Santorini perhaps?
We are pretty quick to make a decision and will decide within the week so we can make our appointments with whichever consulate here in the U.S. that would be applicable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 9 Chur or St Moritz?
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 12 Safety in Rome
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Crete Holiday