My fiancee and I would like to exchange our vows in Italy--or Greece. We have been to Italy several times and would be going for a civil ceremony. We have started our process here in the U.S. and now are down to the wire on locale.
We like the idea of the Amalfi Coast because it will be the end of September/beginning of October.
We have stayed in Praiano and a locanda there was lovely but our preferred room is taken. Any thoughts on a special spot in southern Italy that any of you hold dear and would recommend?
I would like to keep the cost to under $250-300 USD per night but my fiancee suggests we stay open to a higher price for this.Also it could be Bari or areas around there!
Mostly we want warm (ish) weather and great food. We found that in Amalfi there were lots of places (and the locanda) with great seafood.
As for Greece--we've never been there and do love new places and adventure. I don't know where to begin there. Santorini perhaps?
We are pretty quick to make a decision and will decide within the week so we can make our appointments with whichever consulate here in the U.S. that would be applicable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 7 Barcelona cooking classes
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 4 days itinerary for France
- 16 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 19 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 vienna
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 Bernina Express mid-March
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions