My fiancee and I would like to exchange our vows in Italy--or Greece. We have been to Italy several times and would be going for a civil ceremony. We have started our process here in the U.S. and now are down to the wire on locale.
We like the idea of the Amalfi Coast because it will be the end of September/beginning of October.
We have stayed in Praiano and a locanda there was lovely but our preferred room is taken. Any thoughts on a special spot in southern Italy that any of you hold dear and would recommend?
I would like to keep the cost to under $250-300 USD per night but my fiancee suggests we stay open to a higher price for this.Also it could be Bari or areas around there!
Mostly we want warm (ish) weather and great food. We found that in Amalfi there were lots of places (and the locanda) with great seafood.
As for Greece--we've never been there and do love new places and adventure. I don't know where to begin there. Santorini perhaps?
We are pretty quick to make a decision and will decide within the week so we can make our appointments with whichever consulate here in the U.S. that would be applicable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 2 Iceland car rental agencies
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 5 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 6 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 12 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 16 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 17 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 18 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 19 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 20 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 21 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 22 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 23 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 24 Maximizing Norway time
- 25 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017