Hi, fellow Fodorites,
Our plans have suddenly changed due to some unexpected circumstances, and we need to make some QUICK decisions and book new accommodations for our trip to Spain that's starting less than 3 weeks from now...
Originally we were planning 15 days in Spain (after 10 days in Israel): 4 nights in Barcelona, 2 nights in Valencia and our last 5 in Madrid. That itinerary has not changed, we're still landing in Madrid in the morning but instead of taking the flight to Israel, we now plan those 10 days to be added to our original itinerary, all spent in Spain and Portugal. Also I already am taking advantage of the new situation, planning to arrive in Barcelona 2 nights earlier to enjoy more time in that fascinating city (already booked that accommodation).
So we have 8 days to "kill" between landing in Madrid and arriving in Barcelona, which I really want to use the best I can.... I thought to rent a car at the Madrid airport (please note: Jet lag would be an issue...) and travel to Portugal that I know has some fascinating places, and then travel to northern Spain, and then arrive in Barcelona. Truth is, I have to make some QUICK decisions, in order to book our accommodations ASAP, but being buried with work I simply didn't have time to spend researching Portugal or Northern Spain.
I'd appreciate some itinerary ideas... Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 2 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 3 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 4 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 5 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 6 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 7 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 8 Uber in Poland and Germany
- 9 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 10 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 11 Northern Italian Food
- 12 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 13 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 15 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 18 Cost of Van from CDG
- 19 Provence to Nice driving
- 20 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 21 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 22 Barcelona on budget
- 23 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 24 janis j and other London experts—advice for booking rooms for a group
- 25 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
Hi, fellow Fodorites,