I'll be visiting Spain for 10 days during the Christmas season, arriving and leaving from Madrid. Besides a required stop for 2 or 3 days in Salamanca we don't have anything planned. One idea we have is to stay in Madrid but take daily trips to the surrounding towns such as Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Do you think it's too much time to spend in one area? Is visiting Granada, Sevilla, or maybe a trip to Galicia or the Basque region worth it considering the travel times and that we have to squeeze in Salamanca?
Background: We have visited Barcelona and don't want to go again (on this trip!). Also, we are pretty laid back and enjoy living the lifestyle of the cities we stay in, shopping for groceries, cooking our own meals, doing things on our own times, etc. In that case we are not considering visiting more than 3 cities.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTHFree : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 YAHOO 24*7
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Help me make this possible!
- 4 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 7 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 8 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 18 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 19 Paris and Normandy
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 22 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 23 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 Mobile wifi for Europe travel