I'll be visiting Spain for 10 days during the Christmas season, arriving and leaving from Madrid. Besides a required stop for 2 or 3 days in Salamanca we don't have anything planned. One idea we have is to stay in Madrid but take daily trips to the surrounding towns such as Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Do you think it's too much time to spend in one area? Is visiting Granada, Sevilla, or maybe a trip to Galicia or the Basque region worth it considering the travel times and that we have to squeeze in Salamanca?
Background: We have visited Barcelona and don't want to go again (on this trip!). Also, we are pretty laid back and enjoy living the lifestyle of the cities we stay in, shopping for groceries, cooking our own meals, doing things on our own times, etc. In that case we are not considering visiting more than 3 cities.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 2 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 5 Trip in September
- 6 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Which city order makes most sense?
- 9 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 10 London Restaurants
- 11 Munich Hotel Location
- 12 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 13 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 14 Clean up spam
- 15 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 16 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 19 Is Sicily Safe?
- 20 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 23 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 24 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 25 Help with basic itinerary