I'll be visiting Spain for 10 days during the Christmas season, arriving and leaving from Madrid. Besides a required stop for 2 or 3 days in Salamanca we don't have anything planned. One idea we have is to stay in Madrid but take daily trips to the surrounding towns such as Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Do you think it's too much time to spend in one area? Is visiting Granada, Sevilla, or maybe a trip to Galicia or the Basque region worth it considering the travel times and that we have to squeeze in Salamanca?
Background: We have visited Barcelona and don't want to go again (on this trip!). Also, we are pretty laid back and enjoy living the lifestyle of the cities we stay in, shopping for groceries, cooking our own meals, doing things on our own times, etc. In that case we are not considering visiting more than 3 cities.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 13 Switzerland in November?
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Barcelona cooking classes
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip