I'll be visiting Spain for 10 days during the Christmas season, arriving and leaving from Madrid. Besides a required stop for 2 or 3 days in Salamanca we don't have anything planned. One idea we have is to stay in Madrid but take daily trips to the surrounding towns such as Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Do you think it's too much time to spend in one area? Is visiting Granada, Sevilla, or maybe a trip to Galicia or the Basque region worth it considering the travel times and that we have to squeeze in Salamanca?
Background: We have visited Barcelona and don't want to go again (on this trip!). Also, we are pretty laid back and enjoy living the lifestyle of the cities we stay in, shopping for groceries, cooking our own meals, doing things on our own times, etc. In that case we are not considering visiting more than 3 cities.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 2 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 13 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 14 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 20 Acorn TV
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years