I'll be visiting Spain for 10 days during the Christmas season, arriving and leaving from Madrid. Besides a required stop for 2 or 3 days in Salamanca we don't have anything planned. One idea we have is to stay in Madrid but take daily trips to the surrounding towns such as Toledo, Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Do you think it's too much time to spend in one area? Is visiting Granada, Sevilla, or maybe a trip to Galicia or the Basque region worth it considering the travel times and that we have to squeeze in Salamanca?
Background: We have visited Barcelona and don't want to go again (on this trip!). Also, we are pretty laid back and enjoy living the lifestyle of the cities we stay in, shopping for groceries, cooking our own meals, doing things on our own times, etc. In that case we are not considering visiting more than 3 cities.
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 7 Highclare Castle
- 8 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 11 Salzburg itinerary review
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger