We are flying Lufthansa from the US to Frankfurt and on to Milan Malpensa. Information on the Lufthansa website says that "hand luggage" (carry on) is limited to 8 kg, which is only 17 pounds. The luggage itself weighs 7 pounds, leaving only 10 pounds for the contents. I pack light but there is no way I could get in what I need in under 10 pounds. Do they actually weigh the carryon? I wouldn't want to have to check it. I have only had a carry on weighed once and even though it was way over the limit I was allowed to carry it on.
Lufthansa carry on luggage weight limits
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 4 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Spain itineraries
- 11 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 12 Itinerary Help!
- 13 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 14 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 15 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 16 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 17 Scotland
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 19 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 20 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 23 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh