If you have read my previous post, I am looking for a great European city to spend 6 days in early October for my husband's birthday. We have been to Paris 3 times and we love that city!
I was asking about Barcelona but I am not 100% sold on going there. I know that major cities have a lot of pickpocketing but I have read that there is a ton there!
We love great food, architecture and going to a few museums. We would like to rent an apartment but would also stay at a hotel and will be flying from Boston.
I have been to Rome. Glad I went there once but will probably not go back again. Have been to London 2 times. I was thinking of Prague but the airfare from Boston is so expensive.
This will be a relatively short trip (6 days) so thinking that the countryside of a country will be out of the question.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 6 day itinerary
- 2 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 3 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 4 Threat Level in UK
- 5 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 6 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 7 ATM
- 8 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 11 Living in Paris......for a week
- 12 ATM help
- 13 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 16 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 17 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Athens tour guide advice
- 22 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
Looking for a great city for my husband's birthday trip - please help