If you have read my previous post, I am looking for a great European city to spend 6 days in early October for my husband's birthday. We have been to Paris 3 times and we love that city!
I was asking about Barcelona but I am not 100% sold on going there. I know that major cities have a lot of pickpocketing but I have read that there is a ton there!
We love great food, architecture and going to a few museums. We would like to rent an apartment but would also stay at a hotel and will be flying from Boston.
I have been to Rome. Glad I went there once but will probably not go back again. Have been to London 2 times. I was thinking of Prague but the airfare from Boston is so expensive.
This will be a relatively short trip (6 days) so thinking that the countryside of a country will be out of the question.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 11 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 Iceland for Nine Days
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Rome or Venice first
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
Looking for a great city for my husband's birthday trip - please help