I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 2 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 3 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 7 3 weeks in Spain
- 8 Rent a car in England
- 9 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 2017 Easter in Italy
- 13 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 14 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 19 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 20 Croatia transportation question.
- 21 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 22 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151