I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
London–I've been there, so what now?
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 5 7 days in Andalucia
- 6 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 11 London at Easter
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 14 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 19 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 20 Advises for trip to Russia
- 21 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 22 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 23 Planning a holiday
- 24 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 25 Traveling within Italy