I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
London–I've been there, so what now?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo train travel in Germany
- 2 Car hire in Turkey
- 3 Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, England - Itinerary and Rail Travel ?
- 4 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 5 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 6 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 9 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 10 Car Rental form Baia Mare or Sighet?
- 11 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 12 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 13 Question about justairports
- 14 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 15 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 16 Some questions about Paris. For example, Chez Michou?
- 17 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 18 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 19 Can't print train tickets
- 20 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 21 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 22 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 23 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 24 Need help in planning 4 days in Tuscany post -cruise
- 25 Rome - Tours