I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona