I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Europe in October!
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 5 B&Bs in Ireland
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 8 travel fan 220v?
- 9 Moldova and Transnistria
- 10 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 11 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 12 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Barcelona - places to stay
- 18 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 20 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 23 Guide in Russia
- 24 Train travel
- 25 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE