I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 2 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 3 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 4 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 5 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 6 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 7 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 8 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 9 Sicily transportation
- 10 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 3 days with a Swindon base
- 13 Brugge or Ghent?
- 14 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 15 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 16 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 17 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 18 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 19 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 20 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 21 Which Guided Tour ??
- 22 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 23 What Greek islands should I visit
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?