I've been to London five or six times, so I would love suggestions about what to see/where to go for the already-initiated. I'll have three(ish) days on my own to just wander (Oct.26-30). I love finding amazing, new, off-the-beaten-path restaurants, antique furniture, galleries, etc.
As an example, I had friends from Rome visiting NYC recently. They had been here several times, so I took them to Five Pointz in Queens (http://queens.about.com/od/thingtodo/ss/lic_art_2.htm), then to MoMa PS1 (http://momaps1.org), then we walked across the Pulaski bridge for great views, and tucked in to great food (http://www.glasserienyc.com and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/dining/reviews/hungry-city-glasserie-in-greenpoint-brooklyn.html?_r=0).
I'm looking for the same type of not-your-average-tourist stuff in London, and would be grateful for some input from the locals.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 2 YAHOO Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO Technical HELPLINE
- 3 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 4 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 5 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 6 London 6 day itinerary
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 Threat Level in UK
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 Bernese Oberland
- 16 Athens tour guide advice
- 17 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 18 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 19 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 20 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 21 Trip to Switzerland
- 22 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 25 IWM