Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places to visit from Zurich
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 casusyazılım
- 4 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 5 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 6 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 11 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 12 Porto in January
- 13 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 16 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 17 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 18 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 19 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 20 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 21 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 22 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 23 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Scotland itinerary advice