Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Acorn TV
- 4 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Germany train help!
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 14 Versailles
- 15 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 16 Sicily
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 22 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 23 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 24 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 25 Petrol in Greece