Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Group wine tasting in Alsace
- 2 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 3 Piazza Navona
- 4 Victoria to Bletchley Park
- 5 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 6 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 7 Macedonia, Greece
- 8 Berlin to Barcelona
- 9 Bulgaria 2016 / Under the sun / Episode two / Arrested by fake police
- 10 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 11 Parma and Matova/Mantua - car rental
- 12 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 13 Rhine River
- 14 Rome For 2 days
- 15 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 16 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 17 Norwway trip report
- 18 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 19 Camino Redux
- 20 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 21 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 22 Best way to see Croatia?
- 23 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 24 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 25 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.