Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 2 air conditioning
- 3 Paris Visite pass
- 4 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 5 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 9 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 Barcelona sites: attire
- 12 Self-driving in Iceland
- 13 Ann Frank House
- 14 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 15 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 18 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 19 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 21 Referendum in Greece
- 22 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 23 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 24 Barcelona Itinerary
- 25 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)