Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
London – five days with two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITALO trains need help
- 2 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 3 London restaurants
- 4 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 5 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 8 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 9 German Rail Twin Pass
- 10 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 11 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 12 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 13 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 16 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 17 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 18 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 10 days to Explore Europe
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 24 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 25 Help with France itinerary