Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 2 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 3 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 4 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 5 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 6 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 7 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 8 Travel help laundary
- 9 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 10 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 11 Bruges to Brussels Central
- 12 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 13 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 14 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 15 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 16 Train to Sorrento
- 17 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 6 nights in Dublin
- 20 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
- 21 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 22 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 23 Puglia and Matera
- 24 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 25 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley