Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 6 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 7 3 nights in Paris
- 8 1 day trip from Nice
- 9 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 10 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 11 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 12 Planning Advice!
- 13 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 14 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 15 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 16 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Our European adventures
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 25 Were to stay near Lecce?