Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
London – five days with two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 3 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 4 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 5 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 6 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 7 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 8 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 9 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 10 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 11 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 12 10 Day Itinerary in Italy?
- 13 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 14 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 15 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 16 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 17 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 18 What's your suggestion ????
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 21 A guide to Madrid
- 22 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 23 Prague for a week?
- 24 Lake Garda self-catering for 4 adults & 2 children
- 25 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's