Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Place to stay in London
- 2 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 3 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 4 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 5 Edinburgh Questions...
- 6 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 7 Most time saving way of travelling
- 8 Do French people dislike Americans?
- 9 SIXT car rental uk
- 10 Norwegian Air to offer $69 flights US to Europe
- 11 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 12 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 13 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 14 Holding bags in Paris
- 15 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 16 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 17 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 18 England/Scotland In January questions
- 19 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 20 Paris GTG - October 21
- 21 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 22 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 23 Skiing Zermatt
- 24 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 25 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos