Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 3 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 4 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 What one thing in Paris?
- 8 Holiday in Austria
- 9 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 16 First Trip to Europe!
- 17 Switzerland in mid-April
- 18 sfo to europe
- 19 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 20 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 21 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Car rental leaving Rome
- 25 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!