Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
London – five days with two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 2 Is it a bad time to go?
- 3 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 4 Greek Island honeymoon
- 5 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 6 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 7 DCC on the increase?
- 8 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 9 2 week trip -Peloponnese, Greece
- 10 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 11 Naples and Salerno
- 12 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 13 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 14 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 15 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 16 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 17 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 18 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 19 Portugal with children
- 20 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 21 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 22 2 for 1 tickets
- 23 Spa in Scotland
- 24 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 25 Best of Southern France and Spain