Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
London – five days with two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 2 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 3 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 4 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 5 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 6 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 10 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 11 Albi/Carcassone
- 12 milan austria
- 13 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 14 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 15 Quick Survey for my thesis about online travel services
- 16 Mont St. Michele?
- 17 Need help planning Vilnius-Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki trip
- 18 Alhambra questions
- 19 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 20 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 21 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 22 Airbnb
- 23 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 24 International Lhotse Expedition autumn 2015
- 25 London Weekend