Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 2 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 3 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/hydroplenage-anti-ageing-cream/
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 6 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 7 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 8 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 9 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 10 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 11 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 12 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 13 Stonehenge and Bath
- 14 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 15 Barcelona extension
- 16 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 My First Trip to Europe...
- 19 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 20 From Genoa to Rome...
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia