Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 홍콩마카오카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노が슈퍼카지노
- 2 릴 게임 정보 ▶ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 8 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 11 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 12 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 16 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 17 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 18 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 19 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 20 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 Cordoba Overnight?
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip