Travelling on my own with two sons (12 and 14).
Arrive London 07:30 Friday 13 Sept. after long flight from Australia. Leave for Paris on Eurostar following Wed. morn. So five nights in London.
We're active (even me), not gallery-mad. First time in London for the boys. Here's what I've been thinking. Any suggestions/hints greatly appreciated.
Staying at Marble Arch near Hyde Park (14-yr-old wants to keep up his running training).
Are there still those 2-pound double-decker red buses for a couple of hours trouble-free sightseeing on the first day?
Wander through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on the first day to hopefully catch some sunshine and adjust to time change. Nothing major this day.
Scattered through remaining time:
Warner Bros Harry Potter studio (this is a must)
Anyone done the themed Harry Potter walk? Or should we just do this ourselves.
Natural History Museum
Tower of London (a distant relative scratched his name on a wall)
British Museum for Egyptian antiquities and Rosetta Stone
St Paul's – climb to top and down to catacombs
Is London Zoo worth it? I know Harry Potter reptile house would be a drawcard
Anyone done Fat Tire bikes?
12-yr-old wants to see a 'super car' showroom (yes, really)
Catch a great show one night using 1/2 price on-the-day tickets
Also would like advice on:
cheap eats (not McDonald's, etc.)
what to combine with what so we don't end up doing too much backtracking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All of Spain or something else..?
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 RENFE error message during payment
- 5 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 6 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 7 Greece Experts
- 8 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/invigor8-reviews/
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Food or Tapas tours in Madrid and/or Barcelona
- 11 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 12 Enjoying England for a year!
- 13 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 14 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 15 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 18 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/sytropin-hgh-spray/
- 19 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 20 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 23 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 24 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian