Let's talk about art museums. Which art museums are the best in your opinion? here's my list. I based this on my preference and my knowledge/study in old master.
In term of the quality of old master paintings collection I think these museums are the best
4. Gemaldegalerie, Dresden
5. National Gallery, London
7. Kunshistorisches, Vienna
8. Alte Pinakothek, Munich
9. Brera, Milan
10. Hermitage, St. Petersburg
11. Gemaldegalerie, Berlin
12. Accademia, Venice
13. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
14. National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
15. Capodimonte, Naples
16. Galleria Palatina, Florence
17. Galleria Borghese, Rome
18. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
19. National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh
20. Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 6 Day in Capri
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 TSA Precheck
- 9 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Villa in Italy
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Help me make this possible!
- 22 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 One night in the Dolomites