Let's talk about art museums. Which art museums are the best in your opinion? here's my list. I based this on my preference and my knowledge/study in old master.
In term of the quality of old master paintings collection I think these museums are the best
4. Gemaldegalerie, Dresden
5. National Gallery, London
7. Kunshistorisches, Vienna
8. Alte Pinakothek, Munich
9. Brera, Milan
10. Hermitage, St. Petersburg
11. Gemaldegalerie, Berlin
12. Accademia, Venice
13. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
14. National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
15. Capodimonte, Naples
16. Galleria Palatina, Florence
17. Galleria Borghese, Rome
18. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
19. National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh
20. Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lactose intolerance and milk in Europe
- 2 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 3 Itinerary help! First time to Italy
- 4 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 5 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 6 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 7 Help planning for 8 days Barcelona and Costa Brava.
- 8 First time visit to Italy - family of 4
- 9 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 10 With AT&T Passport plan, do we also need GPS or MiFi for driving/maps?
- 11 Euro Quiz # 110 - Potpourri
- 12 Ireland advice
- 13 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 14 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 15 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 16 Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!
- 17 Critique our Italian honeymoon itinerary!
- 18 Multi-Generation Trip
- 19 Paris restaurants open on Monday
- 20 Trip around Amsterdam - France and Italy
- 21 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 22 London - Hotel recommendations Classic Non-Scene
- 23 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 24 How hot are Naxos and Paros at the end of August?
- 25 Nine Cities in 9 months!