Let's talk about art museums. Which art museums are the best in your opinion? here's my list. I based this on my preference and my knowledge/study in old master.
In term of the quality of old master paintings collection I think these museums are the best
4. Gemaldegalerie, Dresden
5. National Gallery, London
7. Kunshistorisches, Vienna
8. Alte Pinakothek, Munich
9. Brera, Milan
10. Hermitage, St. Petersburg
11. Gemaldegalerie, Berlin
12. Accademia, Venice
13. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
14. National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
15. Capodimonte, Naples
16. Galleria Palatina, Florence
17. Galleria Borghese, Rome
18. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
19. National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh
20. Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 9 Italy Car Scam
- 10 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 11 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area