Let's talk about art museums. Which art museums are the best in your opinion? here's my list. I based this on my preference and my knowledge/study in old master.
In term of the quality of old master paintings collection I think these museums are the best
4. Gemaldegalerie, Dresden
5. National Gallery, London
7. Kunshistorisches, Vienna
8. Alte Pinakothek, Munich
9. Brera, Milan
10. Hermitage, St. Petersburg
11. Gemaldegalerie, Berlin
12. Accademia, Venice
13. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
14. National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
15. Capodimonte, Naples
16. Galleria Palatina, Florence
17. Galleria Borghese, Rome
18. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
19. National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh
20. Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 3 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 8 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 9 Stay away from EF Tours
- 10 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 11 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 12 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 18 Antwerp Tram
- 19 Trip report European honeymoon
- 20 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 21 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 22 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 23 Alhambra
- 24 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 25 Provence Lavender fields in July