My husband and I are traveling to northern Italy in early November and want to spend two or three days around lake maggiore and/or lake como. It's hard to tell which towns would be best at this time of year given many of the hotels are closed.
Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere that has great food and wine options nearby (walking if possible). We don't mind moving around a little bit, staying one night in each town, so it would be great to have a few options. Also don't mind a quite town as long as there are good local food options. In terms of budget, we'd want to stay under $300-400 a night but could do some splurge and some basic. Also not opposed to driving into Switzerland for a night as long as the roads are ok.
From the lakes, we plan to head to alto adige, weather permitting then on to Verona.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- especially hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini lodging
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 5 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 info Faro & Algarve
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 12 Nafplio to Hydra
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August