My husband and I are traveling to northern Italy in early November and want to spend two or three days around lake maggiore and/or lake como. It's hard to tell which towns would be best at this time of year given many of the hotels are closed.
Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere that has great food and wine options nearby (walking if possible). We don't mind moving around a little bit, staying one night in each town, so it would be great to have a few options. Also don't mind a quite town as long as there are good local food options. In terms of budget, we'd want to stay under $300-400 a night but could do some splurge and some basic. Also not opposed to driving into Switzerland for a night as long as the roads are ok.
From the lakes, we plan to head to alto adige, weather permitting then on to Verona.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- especially hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Leather goods in Florence
- 2 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 Piedmont as a destination
- 7 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 8 Things to do in Montpellier
- 9 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 10 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 11 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 12 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 13 Italy in 11 Days
- 14 French election
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Trip to Rome
- 17 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 20 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 25 3 week trip with children