My husband and I are traveling to northern Italy in early November and want to spend two or three days around lake maggiore and/or lake como. It's hard to tell which towns would be best at this time of year given many of the hotels are closed.
Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere that has great food and wine options nearby (walking if possible). We don't mind moving around a little bit, staying one night in each town, so it would be great to have a few options. Also don't mind a quite town as long as there are good local food options. In terms of budget, we'd want to stay under $300-400 a night but could do some splurge and some basic. Also not opposed to driving into Switzerland for a night as long as the roads are ok.
From the lakes, we plan to head to alto adige, weather permitting then on to Verona.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- especially hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 5 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 6 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 7 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 8 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 9 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 10 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 11 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 19 Super Cover For Hertz
- 20 When to Visit Scotland
- 21 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 22 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 23 Amalfi Coast help
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Sicily