For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Switzerland in November?
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Oxford England Accommodations
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 A Month stay in Southern France
- 17 vienna
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 21 Ireland hotel questions
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Croatia Ferry Help
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Greece...so many options! (11 days)