For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Barcelona
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 6 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 Overnight at Heathrow
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 13 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 Santorini lodging
- 17 Germany family road trip help!
- 18 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 21 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 22 Prague
- 23 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 24 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 25 9 days in London