For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Lake Como for 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich with a car?
- 2 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 5 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 11 tour guides in rome
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 16 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 17 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 18 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 19 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 20 Seaside island village in Greece
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 25 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report