For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 2 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 3 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 8 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 9 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Athens
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 20 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Paris day trips August