For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 5 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 6 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 7 Clean up spam
- 8 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 9 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 10 Is Sicily Safe?
- 11 Car rental help in Sicily
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 alItalia
- 14 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 15 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 16 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 17 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 18 Mykonos Beach Club
- 19 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 20 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 21 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 22 Visit to Engand
- 23 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 24 Trip in September
- 25 Which city order makes most sense?