For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help