My husband and I Will be spending 11 days in ireland , flying in Shannon and leaving from Dublin.
I thought of the following itinerary but i Would need help or advise from all of you who have done this kind of trip!
1st day: Landing in Shannon at noon ( coming from France so no jet lag) I thought of driving directly to kenmare via the national Road so that we can then move upwards along the wild atlantic way up to westport where we could then leave the rental car and take à train to Dublin. What do you think? Would that make sense?
2nd day: visit ring of Kerry + Is it worth it to take a boat to visit skelling or/ and valencia Island?
3rd day: kenmare to dingle
4th day: dingle to ennis?
5 th day: ennis to round stone or cliften?
6th day: visit inishmoore? Which Island is best? Staying the night on the Island or returning to roundstone or cliften or other? If Staying on the Island, can we leave our rental car over night at the port? Safe?
7th day& 8th: visit connemara & surroundings?
9th day: visit westport and taking à train to Dublin
10th day: visit Dublin
11th day: leave Dublin in the afternoon
So that Would make
2 nights kenmare , we thought of sea shore B&b
1 night dingle ( pax b& b)
1 night ennis (?)
1 night on the aran Islands or in cliften or roundstone?
2 nights in connemara? Where should we stay?
1 night westport (?)
2 nights dublin (?)
I Would really appréciate your help and advise to make this trip the easiest and most memorable!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna