I'm a 27 year old woman traveling to London for work, but managed to sneak in a bit of a holiday beforehand I'm leaving in a week - cue panic - so any advice is much appreciated! I have an outline of an itinerary that may be too ambitious/vague (not a good combination), so I out could really use a sanity check and recommendations to help me narrow in. For me, Bath and York are unmissable; the Cotswolds seem lovely and are half-way between but I worry about the volume of tourists there in early August, and whether I will be too limited by my restriction to public transport (no car). I threw Wales into the mix but am ok with skipping and adding a day to Yorkshire if it will be rushed/am not doing justice to it.
I also have a weekend at my disposal later on that I was going to reserve for exploring London more or taking day trips, so some stops (eg Oxford/Stratford upon Avon) could be postponed til then.
Day 1, Sunday: Afternoon arrival in London
Day 2, Monday: Morning train to York
Day 3, Tuesday: Day trips in Yorkshire (eg Castle Howard, Haworth)
Day 4, Wednesday: Travel to Cotswolds (eg Chipping Campden)
Day 5, Thursday: Cotswolds
Day 6, Friday: Day trip to Oxford or Stratford upon Avon
Day 7, Saturday: South Wales (Cardiff? Chepstow?). Travel to Bath.
Day 8, Sunday: Day in Bath. Return London by evening
I'm looking to see historical buildings, enjoy beautiful countryside, and talk to old-timers in local pubs, rather than necessarily hit all the tourist "hot spots". Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER : Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 BROTHER SET UP
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 10 Paris and Normandy
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 13 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 14 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 15 Help me make this possible!
- 16 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Car Rental
- 19 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 20 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 21 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Balkans
- 24 My first trip to Crete
- 25 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers