I'm a 27 year old woman traveling to London for work, but managed to sneak in a bit of a holiday beforehand I'm leaving in a week - cue panic - so any advice is much appreciated! I have an outline of an itinerary that may be too ambitious/vague (not a good combination), so I out could really use a sanity check and recommendations to help me narrow in. For me, Bath and York are unmissable; the Cotswolds seem lovely and are half-way between but I worry about the volume of tourists there in early August, and whether I will be too limited by my restriction to public transport (no car). I threw Wales into the mix but am ok with skipping and adding a day to Yorkshire if it will be rushed/am not doing justice to it.
I also have a weekend at my disposal later on that I was going to reserve for exploring London more or taking day trips, so some stops (eg Oxford/Stratford upon Avon) could be postponed til then.
Day 1, Sunday: Afternoon arrival in London
Day 2, Monday: Morning train to York
Day 3, Tuesday: Day trips in Yorkshire (eg Castle Howard, Haworth)
Day 4, Wednesday: Travel to Cotswolds (eg Chipping Campden)
Day 5, Thursday: Cotswolds
Day 6, Friday: Day trip to Oxford or Stratford upon Avon
Day 7, Saturday: South Wales (Cardiff? Chepstow?). Travel to Bath.
Day 8, Sunday: Day in Bath. Return London by evening
I'm looking to see historical buildings, enjoy beautiful countryside, and talk to old-timers in local pubs, rather than necessarily hit all the tourist "hot spots". Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 가인안마o1o 2816 2526⦍24시간OPEN⦐가인안마시술소 가인안마방
- 2 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 3 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 4 Labor Day in Paris
- 5 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 6 I may be wrong....
- 7 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 10 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 13 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 16 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 17 Train up the Jungfrau
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 20 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 21 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 22 A visit to Greenwich
- 23 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 24 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 25 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi