As posted earlier, me and my family are planning a trip to Europe this year wherein we are entering/exiting via London. Below is our itinerary and I would like to get your inputs specifically on places to visit and the arrangement of the cities. If there are restaurants, free walking tours and other sites that you would recommend, please feel free to do so:
Day 1: Arrival in London
Day 2: Take a free walking tour c/o Sandeman tours to Trafalgar Square, Nelson's column, 10 Downing street, Big Ben, House of Parliament, Churchill War Rooms, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Harrods
Day 3: Day Trip to Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, Cotsworld via the English Bus Tour
Day 4: Notting hill, Piccadilly Circus, The Mall, Westminster Abbey, London Eye
Day 5: Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Borough Market, St. Pauls Cathedral
*** Option to take overnight bus via Megabus to Edinburgh***
Day 6: Option 2 to fly into Edinburgh if there is a promo fare. Visit Scott Monument, Royal Mile, St. Gile's Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle, Grassmarket
Day 7: Edinburgh-- Arthurs Seat, Calton Hill, Cockburn Street, Princes Street Gardens
Day 8: Travel via air to Paris; Visit Champs Elysees, Arc de Triumph
Day 9: Paris--Pantheon, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre Museum, Eiffel Tower
Day 10: Paris-- Sacre Coeur Basilica, Palace of Versailes;
Day 11: Take a train to Lourdes via TGV; Visit Our Lady of Lourdes
Day 12: Lourdes--Grotto of Massabielle, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Basilica of St Pius X
*** Travel Back to London***
Looking forward to your inputs
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 9 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 10 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 11 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 12 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 13 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 18 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 19 Bruges
- 20 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 21 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 22 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 23 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 24 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 25 Planning A trip