As posted earlier, me and my family are planning a trip to Europe this year wherein we are entering/exiting via London. Below is our itinerary and I would like to get your inputs specifically on places to visit and the arrangement of the cities. If there are restaurants, free walking tours and other sites that you would recommend, please feel free to do so:
Day 1: Arrival in London
Day 2: Take a free walking tour c/o Sandeman tours to Trafalgar Square, Nelson's column, 10 Downing street, Big Ben, House of Parliament, Churchill War Rooms, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Harrods
Day 3: Day Trip to Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, Cotsworld via the English Bus Tour
Day 4: Notting hill, Piccadilly Circus, The Mall, Westminster Abbey, London Eye
Day 5: Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Borough Market, St. Pauls Cathedral
*** Option to take overnight bus via Megabus to Edinburgh***
Day 6: Option 2 to fly into Edinburgh if there is a promo fare. Visit Scott Monument, Royal Mile, St. Gile's Cathedral, Edinburgh Castle, Grassmarket
Day 7: Edinburgh-- Arthurs Seat, Calton Hill, Cockburn Street, Princes Street Gardens
Day 8: Travel via air to Paris; Visit Champs Elysees, Arc de Triumph
Day 9: Paris--Pantheon, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre Museum, Eiffel Tower
Day 10: Paris-- Sacre Coeur Basilica, Palace of Versailes;
Day 11: Take a train to Lourdes via TGV; Visit Our Lady of Lourdes
Day 12: Lourdes--Grotto of Massabielle, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Basilica of St Pius X
*** Travel Back to London***
Looking forward to your inputs
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Versailles
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Train help for Prague