I know there are many discussions on this similar topic. I hope mine query is a bit different. Here is some background info. We got tickets to Paris at the end of May 2012 and will be there for 6 weeks. It is sort of our first trip to Europe. We would like to spend time exploring France and Italy mainly. My partner's ancestor came from Tirano in Italy so we would like to go there.
The problem is we cannot really commit into booking anything due to my partner's illness which was diagnosed soon after we got the tickets. We hope that we can go to Paris as intended even if we have to travel with his medication during this trip providing that his oncologist gives us a go. Anyway, due to this illness thing, I haven't done any planning and no research has been done. I hope someone could give me some idea on how to go about in planning / booking this trip. We were thinking of driving ourselves but I doubt we could. We probably have to travel by trains or planes? We love food & wine, small country towns. My partner loves watching Tour de France just for the scenary of France We aren't into religious arts. We go to museum and art gallery if something is really interesting but it's not our main interest. We want to experience and see something different from Australia.
Look forward to hearing some ideas. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Luggage Storage
- 3 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 4 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 LIsbon
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now