I know there are many discussions on this similar topic. I hope mine query is a bit different. Here is some background info. We got tickets to Paris at the end of May 2012 and will be there for 6 weeks. It is sort of our first trip to Europe. We would like to spend time exploring France and Italy mainly. My partner's ancestor came from Tirano in Italy so we would like to go there.
The problem is we cannot really commit into booking anything due to my partner's illness which was diagnosed soon after we got the tickets. We hope that we can go to Paris as intended even if we have to travel with his medication during this trip providing that his oncologist gives us a go. Anyway, due to this illness thing, I haven't done any planning and no research has been done. I hope someone could give me some idea on how to go about in planning / booking this trip. We were thinking of driving ourselves but I doubt we could. We probably have to travel by trains or planes? We love food & wine, small country towns. My partner loves watching Tour de France just for the scenary of France We aren't into religious arts. We go to museum and art gallery if something is really interesting but it's not our main interest. We want to experience and see something different from Australia.
Look forward to hearing some ideas. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 6 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 7 Skye to Edinburgh
- 8 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 9 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 K-Day
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 24 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have