I know there are many discussions on this similar topic. I hope mine query is a bit different. Here is some background info. We got tickets to Paris at the end of May 2012 and will be there for 6 weeks. It is sort of our first trip to Europe. We would like to spend time exploring France and Italy mainly. My partner's ancestor came from Tirano in Italy so we would like to go there.
The problem is we cannot really commit into booking anything due to my partner's illness which was diagnosed soon after we got the tickets. We hope that we can go to Paris as intended even if we have to travel with his medication during this trip providing that his oncologist gives us a go. Anyway, due to this illness thing, I haven't done any planning and no research has been done. I hope someone could give me some idea on how to go about in planning / booking this trip. We were thinking of driving ourselves but I doubt we could. We probably have to travel by trains or planes? We love food & wine, small country towns. My partner loves watching Tour de France just for the scenary of France We aren't into religious arts. We go to museum and art gallery if something is really interesting but it's not our main interest. We want to experience and see something different from Australia.
Look forward to hearing some ideas. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure