Planning a trip starting early August, 3 people my 7 years old son comes with my wife and I.
4D @ Paris (city tour and shopping)
4D @ Swiss (visit the famous mountain and scenery)
2D @ Piemonte (vineyard, Italian cuisine)
Re Swiss, I m not interested in big cities. I want to visit either Jungfrau or Matterhorn! And would like to have a walk with my family. We aren't good at hiking, so just want to try some mild routes. Also I like driving around, hence would like to find a nice spot that is suitable for driving. If could plus an hour or two mild hiking, it's perfect.
With the help from other advocates and surfing the net, now I have a few options:
1) Eigergletsher to Alpiglen(Grindewald) (2 hours)
2) Blauherd(Zermatt) - Lake Stelli - Rifflalp (2.5 hr) - the five lake walk
3) Drive from Martigny to Col de la Gueulaz on Lake Emosson (2000m/6600ft).
4) Drive from Martigny to Grand St Bernard Pass
Not sure which one is suitable for us?! Any thought?
And I will drive from Swiss to Piemomte, Italy, spent a night there and will be returning to Swiss in the next day. Therefore the pick of the spots at Swiss needs to consider the road trip to Piemomte too.
Any thoughts? Too greedy?
Matterhorn or Jungfrau?
Elger trail or five lake walk?
Thanks for the advice I'm advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What fresh hell is this?
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21