We are a fairly well traveled family with 3 kids ages 13, 9 and 6. We have decided on Italy for our 2013 spring break trip. Because we are using FF Miles, we are stuck with going into Venice and out of Milan. We typically move at a quick pace and manage to see a ton and get a taste of everything when we travel. We have very little down time, which is how we tend to roll. That being said and wanting to visit several areas of Italy as first timers, We are looking at 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Rome, and either 5 nights in Tuscany area making day trips to Cinque Terre, Pisa, etc or 3 nights in Tuscany and 2 in Cinque Terre. Our last night (Easter Sunday) will probably be spent at a hotel near the airport in Milan, taking a late train out.(suggestions on this?) Is this an insane itinerary for a family like ours, doable? I'll take any suggestions as we have plenty of time to get this planned out. We typically try to find apts when possible as with 3 kids it is so much more comfortable and the same price or cheaper than 2 rooms. I'm open to suggestions on anything.
Italy Itinerary HELP with 3 kids. 12 nights
- 1 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 2 Changing of the Guard
- 3 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 4 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 5 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 6 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 7 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 8 Normandy on our own?
- 9 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 10 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 11 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 12 Ordering wine in Paris
- 13 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 15 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 16 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 17 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 18 Four days to wander France???
- 19 Budepest or Brussels?
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 22 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 23 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 24 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG