We are a fairly well traveled family with 3 kids ages 13, 9 and 6. We have decided on Italy for our 2013 spring break trip. Because we are using FF Miles, we are stuck with going into Venice and out of Milan. We typically move at a quick pace and manage to see a ton and get a taste of everything when we travel. We have very little down time, which is how we tend to roll. That being said and wanting to visit several areas of Italy as first timers, We are looking at 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Rome, and either 5 nights in Tuscany area making day trips to Cinque Terre, Pisa, etc or 3 nights in Tuscany and 2 in Cinque Terre. Our last night (Easter Sunday) will probably be spent at a hotel near the airport in Milan, taking a late train out.(suggestions on this?) Is this an insane itinerary for a family like ours, doable? I'll take any suggestions as we have plenty of time to get this planned out. We typically try to find apts when possible as with 3 kids it is so much more comfortable and the same price or cheaper than 2 rooms. I'm open to suggestions on anything.
Italy Itinerary HELP with 3 kids. 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 3 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 4 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 5 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 6 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 7 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 8 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 9 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 10 Advice please...
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 13 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 14 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Paris in black and white
- 17 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 18 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 19 Hey Fodor's
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 22 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 23 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct