We are a fairly well traveled family with 3 kids ages 13, 9 and 6. We have decided on Italy for our 2013 spring break trip. Because we are using FF Miles, we are stuck with going into Venice and out of Milan. We typically move at a quick pace and manage to see a ton and get a taste of everything when we travel. We have very little down time, which is how we tend to roll. That being said and wanting to visit several areas of Italy as first timers, We are looking at 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Rome, and either 5 nights in Tuscany area making day trips to Cinque Terre, Pisa, etc or 3 nights in Tuscany and 2 in Cinque Terre. Our last night (Easter Sunday) will probably be spent at a hotel near the airport in Milan, taking a late train out.(suggestions on this?) Is this an insane itinerary for a family like ours, doable? I'll take any suggestions as we have plenty of time to get this planned out. We typically try to find apts when possible as with 3 kids it is so much more comfortable and the same price or cheaper than 2 rooms. I'm open to suggestions on anything.
Italy Itinerary HELP with 3 kids. 12 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 2 Munich
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 11 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 15 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 19 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 He said , she said
- 22 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 23 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites