Hello, I have just discovered this great site and need some advice. I have been researching travel in Italy and have chosen Florence as a base for about 4-5 months next year to paint and write. I have joined several house minding sites in the vain hope (feels a little distant as I write this) of securing a place to stay . I don't mind looking after pets, household duties, anything that needs fixing (within reason). I have brilliant references etc. Am I being a bit too fanciful here? An alternative would be to find some reasonable accommodation for a medium stay in a smaller town close to transport/markets etc (even Southern Italy would be considered). I realise it is going to be cold but that does not bother me. I'm on a tight budget. My spoken Italian is getting better but has a long way to go. Can anyone give me some good advice about the medium stay accommodation options or recommended reading on this subject. I am surrounded by a plethora of travel books at present. Thank you for this great service and to anyone that takes the time to respond.
Italy for 5 months starting Feb 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 3 Spain Questions
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 6 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 9 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 10 one last portugal car rental question
- 11 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 12 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 13 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 14 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 Street food in Turkey
- 19 Dublin Hostels
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 9 days in turkey
- 23 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?