Hello, I have just discovered this great site and need some advice. I have been researching travel in Italy and have chosen Florence as a base for about 4-5 months next year to paint and write. I have joined several house minding sites in the vain hope (feels a little distant as I write this) of securing a place to stay . I don't mind looking after pets, household duties, anything that needs fixing (within reason). I have brilliant references etc. Am I being a bit too fanciful here? An alternative would be to find some reasonable accommodation for a medium stay in a smaller town close to transport/markets etc (even Southern Italy would be considered). I realise it is going to be cold but that does not bother me. I'm on a tight budget. My spoken Italian is getting better but has a long way to go. Can anyone give me some good advice about the medium stay accommodation options or recommended reading on this subject. I am surrounded by a plethora of travel books at present. Thank you for this great service and to anyone that takes the time to respond.
Italy for 5 months starting Feb 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 gites de france or agritourism
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?