Hello, I have just discovered this great site and need some advice. I have been researching travel in Italy and have chosen Florence as a base for about 4-5 months next year to paint and write. I have joined several house minding sites in the vain hope (feels a little distant as I write this) of securing a place to stay . I don't mind looking after pets, household duties, anything that needs fixing (within reason). I have brilliant references etc. Am I being a bit too fanciful here? An alternative would be to find some reasonable accommodation for a medium stay in a smaller town close to transport/markets etc (even Southern Italy would be considered). I realise it is going to be cold but that does not bother me. I'm on a tight budget. My spoken Italian is getting better but has a long way to go. Can anyone give me some good advice about the medium stay accommodation options or recommended reading on this subject. I am surrounded by a plethora of travel books at present. Thank you for this great service and to anyone that takes the time to respond.
Italy for 5 months starting Feb 2013
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 8 River cruises
- 9 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium