Hello, I have just discovered this great site and need some advice. I have been researching travel in Italy and have chosen Florence as a base for about 4-5 months next year to paint and write. I have joined several house minding sites in the vain hope (feels a little distant as I write this) of securing a place to stay . I don't mind looking after pets, household duties, anything that needs fixing (within reason). I have brilliant references etc. Am I being a bit too fanciful here? An alternative would be to find some reasonable accommodation for a medium stay in a smaller town close to transport/markets etc (even Southern Italy would be considered). I realise it is going to be cold but that does not bother me. I'm on a tight budget. My spoken Italian is getting better but has a long way to go. Can anyone give me some good advice about the medium stay accommodation options or recommended reading on this subject. I am surrounded by a plethora of travel books at present. Thank you for this great service and to anyone that takes the time to respond.
Italy for 5 months starting Feb 2013
- 1 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 2 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 7 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 8 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 9 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 10 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 11 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 12 day trips from Stuttgart
- 13 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 14 Normandy on our own?
- 15 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 16 Car rental
- 17 Ordering wine in Paris
- 18 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 19 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 20 Paris Recommendations
- 21 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 22 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 23 London Evening Activity
- 24 Rome & Southern Italy
- 25 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome