Hello, I have just discovered this great site and need some advice. I have been researching travel in Italy and have chosen Florence as a base for about 4-5 months next year to paint and write. I have joined several house minding sites in the vain hope (feels a little distant as I write this) of securing a place to stay . I don't mind looking after pets, household duties, anything that needs fixing (within reason). I have brilliant references etc. Am I being a bit too fanciful here? An alternative would be to find some reasonable accommodation for a medium stay in a smaller town close to transport/markets etc (even Southern Italy would be considered). I realise it is going to be cold but that does not bother me. I'm on a tight budget. My spoken Italian is getting better but has a long way to go. Can anyone give me some good advice about the medium stay accommodation options or recommended reading on this subject. I am surrounded by a plethora of travel books at present. Thank you for this great service and to anyone that takes the time to respond.
Italy for 5 months starting Feb 2013
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 3 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 4 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 7 Tour-Free Travel
- 8 Suggestions for France Italy
- 9 An American’s nightmare with Russian visa
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 12 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 13 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 14 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 15 Rhine River Intinerary
- 16 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 17 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 18 15 days in Central Europe
- 19 France in 7 days
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 22 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 23 tickets- Cap du Roig festival, Palafrugell, Spain
- 24 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 25 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!