My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September/October 2012. We are 29 and 30 yrs old. We have both been to Europe before and have visited the major cities and landmarks.
This time our priority is to spend enough time in each location to relax, explore, visit the beach when in seaside locations and eat great food.
We are flying into MILAN on 4 September and intend to spend 2 nights there.
We then have about 16 nights from 6 – 22 September and we would like to fit in the following locations if possible:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the number of nights we should spend in each of the above locations and the order of locations leaving from Milan and ending in Rome as we plan to travel from the last of the above locations to Rome on 22 or 23 September to meet a relative for 2 nights.
We are thinking of going from Rome to either Sardenia, Corsica or Sicily for 2 nights. Any suggestions as to which might be the best option?
Then onto Malta from 26-30 Oct to attend a wedding and visit relatives.
Then we are thinking of going to Bordeaux (or somewhere different in France – suggestions welcome) for 3 or 4 nights, then Paris for 4 nights to visit a friend then onto London for 4 nights before flying home.
Any tips on the best way to travel from place to place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 Escorted Tours
- 3 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 4 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 5 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Le Marche, Italy
- 16 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 17 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 18 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 19 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 22 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 23 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 24 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 25 Experience with Earthbound Tours