My husband and I are traveling to Europe in September/October 2012. We are 29 and 30 yrs old. We have both been to Europe before and have visited the major cities and landmarks.
This time our priority is to spend enough time in each location to relax, explore, visit the beach when in seaside locations and eat great food.
We are flying into MILAN on 4 September and intend to spend 2 nights there.
We then have about 16 nights from 6 – 22 September and we would like to fit in the following locations if possible:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the number of nights we should spend in each of the above locations and the order of locations leaving from Milan and ending in Rome as we plan to travel from the last of the above locations to Rome on 22 or 23 September to meet a relative for 2 nights.
We are thinking of going from Rome to either Sardenia, Corsica or Sicily for 2 nights. Any suggestions as to which might be the best option?
Then onto Malta from 26-30 Oct to attend a wedding and visit relatives.
Then we are thinking of going to Bordeaux (or somewhere different in France – suggestions welcome) for 3 or 4 nights, then Paris for 4 nights to visit a friend then onto London for 4 nights before flying home.
Any tips on the best way to travel from place to place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days