I will be going to Istanbul for the first time at Easter and am looking for any recommendations for areas to stay in and budget hotels that are clean and safe. We'll want to do all the 'tourist' stuff but would love any recommendations for restaurants, bars or anything that might be off the tourist trail a little bit. We're flying into Ataturk on a Friday evening and leaving on Wednesday morning, so we have 4 full days in Istanbul.
Istanbul - first time
- 1 Do and don't, eating in France
- 2 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 3 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 4 Paris museums free admission
- 5 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 6 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 7 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 8 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 9 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 10 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 11 Spain with kids
- 12 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 13 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 14 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 15 Places to visit from London
- 16 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 17 Meeting up at CDG
- 18 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 19 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 20 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 21 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 22 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 23 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 24 Paris Ticket t+
- 25 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED