I will be going to Istanbul for the first time at Easter and am looking for any recommendations for areas to stay in and budget hotels that are clean and safe. We'll want to do all the 'tourist' stuff but would love any recommendations for restaurants, bars or anything that might be off the tourist trail a little bit. We're flying into Ataturk on a Friday evening and leaving on Wednesday morning, so we have 4 full days in Istanbul.
Istanbul - first time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 2 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 3 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 4 Southwestern England
- 5 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 6 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 7 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 8 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 9 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 10 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 Paris Perfect Soap
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 15 Train tickets within Italy
- 16 London/Help
- 17 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 18 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 19 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 20 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 21 Stay in Venice
- 22 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 23 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 24 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 25 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base