I will be going to Istanbul for the first time at Easter and am looking for any recommendations for areas to stay in and budget hotels that are clean and safe. We'll want to do all the 'tourist' stuff but would love any recommendations for restaurants, bars or anything that might be off the tourist trail a little bit. We're flying into Ataturk on a Friday evening and leaving on Wednesday morning, so we have 4 full days in Istanbul.
Istanbul - first time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 2 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 3 Cotswolds village base
- 4 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 5 Passport Delays
- 6 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 7 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 8 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 11 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 12 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 13 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 16 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 17 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 18 Netherlands Delta Works
- 19 Southern Italy without a Car
- 20 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 Hotel in Rome?
- 24 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 25 Visit to Bath and London england