I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 2 Italy for 5 nights!
- 3 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 4 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 5 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 6 scotland trave;
- 7 Paris Art Galleries
- 8 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 9 Paris Bastille Day
- 10 car rental agency
- 11 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 12 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 13 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 14 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 15 Croatia help
- 16 River Cruise
- 17 Accommodation
- 18 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 19 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 20 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 21 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 22 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 23 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 24 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 25 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights