I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Burgundy in May