I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 train to Vernon France
- 5 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 8 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 20 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 nearby cities to london
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 9 days in turkey