I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 2 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 3 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 4 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 5 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 6 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 7 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 8 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 9 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 10 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 11 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 12 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 15 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 16 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 17 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 18 Dublin to Cashel
- 19 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 20 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 21 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 22 Athens and which islands?
- 23 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 24 Best way to go from Positano to Pompeii then to Rome? Pompeii private tour?
- 25 Sea side in Italy