I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American electrical gadgets
- 2 Monet in Normandy
- 3 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 4 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 5 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 6 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 seven days in Portugal
- 9 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 10 Eating in France-two new books
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 Spain tips beyond safety
- 14 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 I need a haircut
- 17 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 20 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 21 1 week in Croatia
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 24 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 25 german rail ticket question