I have researched and researched and can seriously not get a straight answer. We've talked to consulates even. I understand the Schengen agreement fully. But we were hoping to stay for 6 months. We won't be working or students. And getting an extension seems impossible. But what confuses me is that I know of many people (not personally but it seems like everyone knows a friend) who over the last 5 years have travelled Europe for 9 months or a year. I've read blogs of people doing it. So it seems like it's possible. Is it because they are just risking it? Is there a way we haven't figured out yet? Do they actually check passports?
Is it possible to stay 6 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 2 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 3 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 7 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 8 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 9 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 13 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 14 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 15 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 16 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 17 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 18 London neighborhood suggestions
- 19 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 20 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 21 Monet in Normandy
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons