Myself and my S/O are budgeting about $7000 each for our trip to Europe. We have booked flights, as well as half of our hotels/apartments. Before we book the rest we just want to make sure we have enough left over for train travel and travel in each city, as well as for excursions, sightseeing and food.
Our costs are as follows (each)
- $1440 flights
- approx. $1400-1500 for accommodations (if we decide to spend a little extra on where we stay, this is subject to change based on your feedback)
- $300-500 for travel to and from each country/within each city
This leaves us each with approx. $120-140 each per day to spend on food and sightseeing.
I am worried that this is cutting it close, please let me know what you suggest is a good amount to budget for food and sightseeing each day. Thanks in advanced!
Our itinerary is as follows. Each day is subject to change, I just listed possible things to do in each city.
Arrive July 7th - Depart July 12th
Day 1: Jet lag, relax, walk around look at cafes and hotel area, eat dinner
Day 2: Lunch at the Eiffel Tower Grounds, Museums, walk the seine river OR Eiffel Tower at night and seine river tour at night
Day 3: Versailles (afternoon) walk Monmarte at evening
Day 4: Champ Elysees, Arc de triumphe, Lunch and dinner
Day 5: whatever we feel like - Notre Dame, explore
Day 6: Leave for Boppard
Itinerary/Days: Arrive July 12th - Depart July 15th
Day 1: Arrive late afternoon from Paris. Check in, walk around, eat dinner
Day 2: River boat tour Bacharach, Oberweisel
Day 3: Possible river tour to cochem, see Mosel, explore and relax
Day 4: Go to Munich
Itinerary/Days: Arrive July 15th - Depart July 17th
Day 1: Arrive late afternoon. Check in, explore see sites
Day 2: see cathedral, big sites, petite france, vineyard
Day 3: Breakfast, explore, leave for Stuttgart, final destination Munich
Itinerary/Days: Arrive July 17th - Depart July 20th
Day 1: Arrive at night Check in, eat dinner
Day 2: Big Sightseeing day
Day 3: Marketplaces, explore and relax day
Itinerary/Days: Arrive July 20th - Depart July 23nd
Day 1: Arrive at night, check in
Day 2: Walking tour, See the churches, walk venice ( takes a few hours to walk the whole city), dinner
Day 3: Breakfast, more sightseeing, gondola ride, late dinner
Day 4: Leave for Florence
Itinerary: Arrive July 23nd - Depart July 28th
Day 1: Arrive in morning/afternoon, check in, relax explore some sights
Day 2: Walking tour, sight seeing major sites
Day 3: Day trip could go to siena, san gimignano, the tuscan hill side
Day 4: Relax day, do whatever we want day
Day 5: Day trip to pisa
Day 6: Travel to positano
Itinerary: Arrive july 28th - Depart July 31st
Day 1: Arrive, check in, get there late
Day 2: Beach day, go to Da Aldolfo
Day 3: Sightseeing
Day 4: Leave for Rome
Itinerary: Arrive July 31st - Depart August 4th
Day 1: Arrive in morning, check in, chill day, explore area
Day 2: see the colosseum - walking tours, major sites
Day 3: Day trip: to orvieto or tivoli - you can just decide to go, you don't need to book
Day 4: Exploring day, packing relax on the last day
Day 5: Flight home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 2 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 3 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 4 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 6 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 9 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 10 3 nights in Madrid
- 11 Help with Ireland Trip
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 17 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 18 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 19 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Swimming in Lake Bled?