We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 2 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Lake Como - basta!
- 5 please revew provence agenda
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Norway in November
- 9 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy
- 10 Christmas in Italy!!!
- 11 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 12 ROME!!!
- 13 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 14 Swiss German
- 15 German Train travel
- 16 Provence to Nice driving
- 17 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 18 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 19 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 20 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 21 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 22 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
- 23 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 24 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 25 lago maggiore: where to stay