We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 2 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 First Time Solo Travel info
- 12 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 13 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 14 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 15 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 16 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 17 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 Northern lights in December
- 20 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 21 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 First time in France
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania