We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 2 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 3 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 4 Road Trip Central Europe on June
- 5 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 6 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 7 which is the best places to visit in paris for kids ?
- 8 Northern Italy Camper Trip Questions
- 9 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 10 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 11 train Helsinki to St. Petersburg
- 12 Train seating
- 13 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 14 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 15 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 16 Is it possible to see the Cotswolds without renting a car?
- 17 How Different Is Kotor than Dubrovnik?
- 18 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 19 One champagne tour in Reims
- 20 Question about staying in the Museumplein are
- 21 Southwest France
- 22 3 extra days in Provence/Riviera - advice please!
- 23 Krakow with photos
- 24 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May