We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Iceland/Reykjavik & Beyond Itinerary & Lodging Help
- 1 Three for the road
- 2 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 6 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 How early to get to CDG
- 14 Venice in Jan
- 15 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 16 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 17 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 18 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 Prague Main Train Station