We are 3 people who will be in Iceland from Friday August 29 to our departure on Saturday September 6th. HIPPEE!!!! We have 8 full days/nights to play with and wish to spend the first Friday & Saturday nights in Reykjavik (witness a little of Renfur)and then spend the remaining 7 nights between the South to Skaftafell, the Southwest, and Western Snaefelles Peninsula. Looking for suggestions on how to make a fun itinerary tying these areas together. Need advice on a driving itinerary. Head North & west from Rekjavik first, or head southwest and across the south first? How many days in each place? What are the best lodgings in those regions to use as a base for daily hikes. It'd be nice to find places central enough to many places of interest as we don't wish to be in a new lodging every single night of our trip (every 2 nights would be best). We'll have a rental car. We want to do day hikes, check out museums & points of interest along the way, soak in hot pots, and hit galleries & museums in Reykjavik. Also... we are predominantly vegetarian (we eat a little fish from time to time) so any recommendations for veggie food/restaurants is greatly appreciated.
Iceland/Reykjavik & Beyond Itinerary & Lodging Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Venice really dirty?
- 2 Where to go in France mid July?
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 Best beach town in Italy?
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 24 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part