Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich accommodations
- 2 Special holiday for hubby, daughter and me
- 3 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 4 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 5 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 6 Trains
- 7 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 8 Airb2b in Paris
- 9 Travel to San Gimignano
- 10 Barcelona Trip- sights? restaurants? day trips?
- 11 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 14 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 15 French Countryside (west) with side trip to Puy du Fou
- 16 marbella spain
- 17 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 18 Barcelona restaurants
- 19 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 20 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 21 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 22 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 23 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 24 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 25 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna