Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 2 ITALY
- 3 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 4 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 5 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 6 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 7 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 8 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 9 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 10 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 11 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 12 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 Northern Spain
- 15 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 18 France: which maps?
- 19 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 20 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 21 Hamam in Istanbul
- 22 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 23 Advice for Sept trip to Ireland?
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 25 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia