Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 2 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Naxos in May
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Belfast to Scotland help
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 20 days in Germany
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 16 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 17 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 18 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 help regarding removal firm in london
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Trains in Italy