Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 2 London 2nd time around
- 3 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 4 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 5 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 8 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 9 2 weeks in Europe
- 10 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 11 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 12 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 14 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 15 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 18 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 22 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 23 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 24 Matisse at Tate
- 25 Ireland Southwest