Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 2 driving in france with kids
- 3 Is my plan ok
- 4 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 5 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 6 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 7 Portugal Trip
- 8 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 14 Spain traffic tickets
- 15 Reputable Tours
- 16 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 17 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 18 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 19 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 20 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 21 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 22 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 23 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 24 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June