Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 3 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 4 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 8 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 9 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 10 London visit
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 15 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 16 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 17 men's shoes spain
- 18 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 19 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 20 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 24 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 25 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary