Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Burgundy in May