Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Age for booking a hotel?
- 3 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 7 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 8 Rolling bags in Venice
- 9 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 10 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 11 Big and little towns of Europe
- 12 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 13 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 14 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 15 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 16 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 17 Best london location to stay?
- 18 Where to go in France mid July?
- 19 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 20 Tell me about Manchester
- 21 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 22 France to Italy advice needed please
- 23 Snagged the last ice cave in 2015 - Now What?
- 24 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 25 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary