Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 2 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 3 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 4 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 5 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 6 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 7 Dublin to Cashel
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 10 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 11 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 12 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 13 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 14 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 15 Help with Lucerne in April
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 18 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 19 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 20 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 21 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 22 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 23 Athens and which islands?
- 24 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 25 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip