Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 10 banger rally around europe?
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 15 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 18 Trip around Spain
- 19 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 22 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 25 Medieval Tallinn