Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
- 1 Retirement Vacation
- 2 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 3 car hire france and spain
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 6 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 7 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 8 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 12 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 13 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 14 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 15 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 16 Trip to London
- 17 Monaco to Paris
- 18 French Riviera Overview
- 19 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 20 15 days in Central Europe
- 21 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 22 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 23 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 24 just want to know
- 25 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)