Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 2 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 3 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 4 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 I dream of Europe
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 12 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 13 Autumn in Paris
- 14 Weekend in Norfolk
- 15 Athens at New Years
- 16 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 17 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 18 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 25 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia