Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 2 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 3 plug adapters ITALY
- 4 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)
- 5 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 6 10 days to Explore Europe
- 7 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 8 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 9 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 10 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 11 How much luggage?????
- 12 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 13 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 14 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 15 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 16 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 17 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 18 Help with France itinerary
- 19 German Rail Twin Pass
- 20 London restaurants
- 21 White Villages base?
- 22 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 23 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 24 biking in France
- 25 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station