Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 4 2 Weeks in Paris
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 Christmas in Munich
- 7 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 8 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 9 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 10 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 14 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 15 Raining in rome
- 16 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 17 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 18 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 19 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 20 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 21 İstanbul Travel guide
- 22 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 23 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 24 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 25 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum