Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 2 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 3 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 4 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 5 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 6 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 7 British English
- 8 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 9 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 10 Spain for 7 days
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 13 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 14 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 15 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 16 Passport Delays
- 17 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 18 Brugge photo on Bing
- 19 A town in France for a month
- 20 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 21 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 22 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 23 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 25 Spending money in Italy?