Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 2 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 3 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 4 Olive Oil
- 5 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 6 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 7 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 8 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 9 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 10 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 13 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 14 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 15 Ortisei and Castelrotto trip report
- 16 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 17 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 18 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 19 Italy tours
- 20 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 21 We have no idea where to go!
- 22 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 23 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 25 US looking into preclearance at European airports