Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 car rental info
- 4 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 8 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 9 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 10 bath or york
- 11 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 12 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 13 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 14 Ste Remy France
- 15 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 London tube
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Local Tour in Provence?
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 5am arrival in Dublin