Alright. This summer, I'll be spending ten days in Ireland as part of a study abroad program. While we can return home after the ten days, I'd like to stay in Europe a bit longer, since I'll have already payed for the transatlantic flight. Problem is, I'm a single girl, and I'll be traveling alone. I know jiu-jitsu, so I'm pretty competent with self defense; still, I'd like to stay in a relatively safe location. I have a budget of about $1000, and can spend around $500 on flights. I'd love to go somewhere with mountains, and public transportation is a must, since I'm not old enough to rent a car. I figure hostels will be my best option as far as lodging. So, for those of you who've traveled Europe, where should I go? I'd love to visit at least two countries, and I've thought about Switzerland and London, England. Any advice is much appreciated!
I have a week to spend in Europe. Where should I go?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 7 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 13 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 14 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 20 banger rally around europe?
- 21 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 22 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome