I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 2 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 3 Croatia transportation question.
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 6 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Rent a car in England
- 15 Edinburgh to Skye
- 16 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 17 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 18 2017 Easter in Italy
- 19 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 20 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 21 Going to Russia
- 22 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 23 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 24 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 25 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?