I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland to Austria In December
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Italy travel plan help
- 11 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 12 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 13 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 14 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 18 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 Tracking the Weather
- 22 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?