I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 3 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 15 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 16 hill of crosses
- 17 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 18 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Munich and....???
- 24 Iceland March Itinerary
- 25 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?