I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 2 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 3 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 4 Sea side in Italy
- 5 Southwestern England
- 6 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 7 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 8 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 9 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 10 Train tickets within Italy
- 11 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 12 In Paris on my own
- 13 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 14 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 15 Questions for Paris residents
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 18 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 19 Venice - apartment??????
- 20 Our first trip to Europe
- 21 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 22 Stay in Venice
- 23 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 24 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 25 Where to stay in Barcelona