I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 tickets for Wimbledon
- 15 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 16 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 17 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 18 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 19 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 20 Italy in January?
- 21 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 Renting a car in Greece
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Piedmont question
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?