I am tacking on 4 days of sightseeing to a business trip in May and would like opinions on how to accomplish this efficiently.
I will be overnight at the Madrid Airport hotel the night before my 4 full days.
My motivation for Lorca is that my Spanish ancestors are from there (1690) and I'm curious to visit the town---I realize it's off the beaten path. In reviewing travel options it appears driving might be the most efficient and economical for Day 2 and 3.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:
Day 1: Explore Madrid
Day 2: in the morning drive a rental car to Lorca (4.5 hrs)
spend the afternoon exploring the Castle Del Sol and the excavated Synagogue
Day 3: morning, explore the town of Lorca; in afternoon drive back to Madrid, return car
Day 4: either more Madrid or take a day trip to Toledo
Although I realize it's crazy to make the trek to Lorca.... but if not now, when?
In the fall our family is planning a trip to the Basque country so we'll be on the other side of the country.
Thoughts or suggestions about this itinerary?
Would I be better served to soak in Madrid and surrounding area than squeezing in Lorca?
Thanks in advance!
How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 2 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 3 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 6 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 7 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 8 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 9 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 10 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 11 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 12 Ireland driving vacation
- 13 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 14 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 15 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 16 Bavaria: Need Itinerary and Lodging Help for Family of Six
- 17 Provence, near Nice
- 18 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 19 Bike touring in France
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 22 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 23 hire a car or public transport
- 24 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 25 Scotland - 1 week itinerary