My student son is about to inter rail around Europe for nearly a month this summer in a mad whirl around mutliple capital cities [he starts in Amsterdam and then goes onward via , Berlin, Prague, Florence, Rome, Barcelona , Paris] . His travel to Amsterdam and home from Paris and all the train journeys in Europe are all paid for and his accommodation is booked and hence costed.
How much per day do you think he will need to cover all other costs [meals, drinks, local transport and museum entry, laundrettes etc] ?
I recognise that this is one of those "how long is a piece of string" type questions but info on the rough costs that budget/student have managed on would be great. Thanks
how much money per day for a month's budget trip In Europe ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 4 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 5 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 10 Reykjavik hotels
- 11 Hotels that we found special
- 12 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 13 Too many Trip Reports
- 14 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 15 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 16 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 17 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 18 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 19 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 20 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 21 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 22 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 23 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia