I'm thinking of going on a 14 day escorted tour to Ireland. The tour will include almost everything (except a few dinners and lunches) but does not include tips for the tour guide and bus driver. Tips are supposed to be optional but of course are expected. There will be six of us and the tour will cost over $18,000.00. I read in one of these threads that the tips should be around $6.50 per person per day for the tour guide and the same for the bus driver. Do they not pay these people? That's $936.00 for 12 days (I'm not counting the 2 days in air) That just seems excessive to me considering what we are already paying for the tour. Am I wrong? Do families of 6 (there will be 4 adults) really pay nearly $1000.00 just in tips??? What are people REALLY giving as tips? Thanks!
How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Rothenburg ob der tauber
- 2 Want to spend 1 day in London (Approx 12 pm - 12am)
- 3 Best Airline to use from Perth to Amsterdam
- 4 Transfer From US job to UK job...Tips, tricks, etiquette
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 Things to do in Budapest at the evening
- 7 Portugal in September
- 8 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 9 River Palace or Victoria Hotel
- 10 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 Reggio Emilia for 1 week
- 15 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 16 Hotel in Naples for two nights
- 17 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 18 Chambermaid tipping
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Car Rental Return @ CDG..and Transportation Options After
- 21 2 week Europe trip - need help please
- 22 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 Best Maps for Central Italy
- 25 Trip thru Germany in February.