I'm thinking of going on a 14 day escorted tour to Ireland. The tour will include almost everything (except a few dinners and lunches) but does not include tips for the tour guide and bus driver. Tips are supposed to be optional but of course are expected. There will be six of us and the tour will cost over $18,000.00. I read in one of these threads that the tips should be around $6.50 per person per day for the tour guide and the same for the bus driver. Do they not pay these people? That's $936.00 for 12 days (I'm not counting the 2 days in air) That just seems excessive to me considering what we are already paying for the tour. Am I wrong? Do families of 6 (there will be 4 adults) really pay nearly $1000.00 just in tips??? What are people REALLY giving as tips? Thanks!
How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Street food in Turkey
- 6 Spain Questions
- 7 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 Mont St Michel
- 11 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 12 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 13 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 14 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Dublin Hostels
- 17 Avignon to London?
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 25 From CDG to the Seventh?