My family and I are taking our first trip to Paris and London this July, we have 4 people, myself, DH, DD 11yrs old and DD 7 yrs old. We will be there for 2 weeks, 1 week in each city. I was planning on getting our currency here and was wondering how much I should bring. I was planning on using the cash to pay for most things there, food, tickets (for public transportation, museums,etc,) and small purchases. If we want to make a larger purchase, I was planning on using credit card. From reading this forum, it seems that is the way to go. I also thought it would be a good way to stick to a certain budget, when we go on trips I don't usually realize how much we spent until we get our credit card statement back. I just don't know how much I should bring. I know both of these cities are pretty expensive, we want to see all the sites. I don't want to eat at any fancy, expensive restaurants b/c we have young children, we're fine with fast, inexpensive food. We are staying at hotels so preparing our own meals won't be an option.
How much cash to bring on 2 week trip to Paris and London?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 13 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia