My family and I are taking our first trip to Paris and London this July, we have 4 people, myself, DH, DD 11yrs old and DD 7 yrs old. We will be there for 2 weeks, 1 week in each city. I was planning on getting our currency here and was wondering how much I should bring. I was planning on using the cash to pay for most things there, food, tickets (for public transportation, museums,etc,) and small purchases. If we want to make a larger purchase, I was planning on using credit card. From reading this forum, it seems that is the way to go. I also thought it would be a good way to stick to a certain budget, when we go on trips I don't usually realize how much we spent until we get our credit card statement back. I just don't know how much I should bring. I know both of these cities are pretty expensive, we want to see all the sites. I don't want to eat at any fancy, expensive restaurants b/c we have young children, we're fine with fast, inexpensive food. We are staying at hotels so preparing our own meals won't be an option.
How much cash to bring on 2 week trip to Paris and London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 6 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 7 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 8 Reims for a day
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 14 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 15 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 16 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 17 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 18 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 19 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 20 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 21 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Munich with a car?
- 24 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 25 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy