My family and I are taking our first trip to Paris and London this July, we have 4 people, myself, DH, DD 11yrs old and DD 7 yrs old. We will be there for 2 weeks, 1 week in each city. I was planning on getting our currency here and was wondering how much I should bring. I was planning on using the cash to pay for most things there, food, tickets (for public transportation, museums,etc,) and small purchases. If we want to make a larger purchase, I was planning on using credit card. From reading this forum, it seems that is the way to go. I also thought it would be a good way to stick to a certain budget, when we go on trips I don't usually realize how much we spent until we get our credit card statement back. I just don't know how much I should bring. I know both of these cities are pretty expensive, we want to see all the sites. I don't want to eat at any fancy, expensive restaurants b/c we have young children, we're fine with fast, inexpensive food. We are staying at hotels so preparing our own meals won't be an option.
How much cash to bring on 2 week trip to Paris and London?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 2 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 3 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 4 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 5 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 6 spain
- 7 Help with Madrid Location
- 8 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 9 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 10 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 11 Cornwall or Paris?
- 12 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 13 2 full days in Paris
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 16 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 17 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 18 Help for San Sebastian
- 19 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 20 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 21 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 22 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 23 2 Days in Rome
- 24 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 25 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.