I am landing in Europe on April 2012 and want to buy a camper van to tour around for the summer, then sell it in July. My hope was to buy it in Eastern Europe or Turkey and drive it back to the UK.
My questions are:
1. Do you know of a camper van dealer/sale office list for Europe?
2. Is it better to buy from a private party? Are there websites to shop them?
3. Are certain countries cheaper than others? Quality?
4.Should I only be buying specific types? Petrol vs. Diesel? EU/UK exhaust system?
5. I was planning to just buy a VW, but there are other brands, any suggestions?
6. Insurance? I am an American with no EU residency, but have many friends that would register it for me and I do have a London mailing address. Will I be able to insure it?
7. Anything else I am missing?
I am most concern with getting the vehicle, registering and insuring it.
Type of Camper Van we are looking for:
We are looking for a Late 1990's or newer Campervan like a VW van with a pop-up roof, small kitchen and bed. Very clean inside. Something really reliable at approx. $5,000 or less. $4000 would be better. We plan to buy it and then resell it in the UK or Spain, so it would need to be a EU exhaust system? I guess.
Here are some examples although we prefer a VW, we'll consider all options.
VW Westfalia late 1990's or newer
VW T4 T5 with any standard conversion. stove bed, ice box, etc
VW TYPE 25 CAMPER
If there is anything you can do or if you know someone over there that can help, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 2 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 5 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 8 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 9 Highclare Castle
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 19 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 20 Salzburg itinerary review
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!