I am landing in Europe on April 2012 and want to buy a camper van to tour around for the summer, then sell it in July. My hope was to buy it in Eastern Europe or Turkey and drive it back to the UK.
My questions are:
1. Do you know of a camper van dealer/sale office list for Europe?
2. Is it better to buy from a private party? Are there websites to shop them?
3. Are certain countries cheaper than others? Quality?
4.Should I only be buying specific types? Petrol vs. Diesel? EU/UK exhaust system?
5. I was planning to just buy a VW, but there are other brands, any suggestions?
6. Insurance? I am an American with no EU residency, but have many friends that would register it for me and I do have a London mailing address. Will I be able to insure it?
7. Anything else I am missing?
I am most concern with getting the vehicle, registering and insuring it.
Type of Camper Van we are looking for:
We are looking for a Late 1990's or newer Campervan like a VW van with a pop-up roof, small kitchen and bed. Very clean inside. Something really reliable at approx. $5,000 or less. $4000 would be better. We plan to buy it and then resell it in the UK or Spain, so it would need to be a EU exhaust system? I guess.
Here are some examples although we prefer a VW, we'll consider all options.
VW Westfalia late 1990's or newer
VW T4 T5 with any standard conversion. stove bed, ice box, etc
VW TYPE 25 CAMPER
If there is anything you can do or if you know someone over there that can help, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 3 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 4 Killarney
- 5 Madrid/Lisbon
- 6 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost