I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Night Bus?
- 2 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 3 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 4 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 5 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 6 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 7 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 8 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 9 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 15 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 18 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 19 Spain in November
- 20 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 21 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 22 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 23 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013