I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IDP for Scotland
- 2 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 3 Cell Phones in France
- 4 Andalucia Itinerary
- 5 Attending Church in Rome?
- 6 Late October Trip in France
- 7 Sim card in Nice, France
- 8 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 9 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 10 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 11 Iceland first time!
- 12 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 13 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 14 Cinque Terre
- 15 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 16 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 17 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 18 Train tickets in Europe
- 19 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 20 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 21 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 22 Itinerary suggestions for 7 day trip to Croatia
- 23 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 24 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 25 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013