I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 3 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 4 France for a month in 2017
- 5 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 6 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 15 days trip to Europe
- 9 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 10 Day trips from Uzes
- 11 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 12 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 13 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 14 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 15 Vuerling airlines
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 18 All of Spain or something else..?
- 19 Barcelona extension
- 20 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 25 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013