I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 2 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 3 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 4 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 5 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 6 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 7 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 8 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 11 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Hotel in Paris
- 13 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 14 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 15 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 18 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 19 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 20 Mont St. Michele?
- 21 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 22 Berlin: evening dining
- 23 Alhambra questions
- 24 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 25 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June