I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 2 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 3 British English
- 4 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 5 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 6 Spain for 7 days
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 9 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 10 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 11 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 12 Passport Delays
- 13 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 A town in France for a month
- 16 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 17 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 18 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 19 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 24 Normandy in October
- 25 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip