I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Nice or Marseille??
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 15 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 20 days in Germany