I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 2 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 3 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 4 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 5 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 6 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 7 Bavaria in August
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 10 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 11 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 12 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 13 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 14 Train Question
- 15 What clothes?
- 16 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 17 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 18 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 19 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 20 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 21 Stay in Saronno to see Como and Milan?
- 22 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 23 GPS vs Google Maps
- 24 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013