I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 3 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 4 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 5 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 6 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 7 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 8 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 9 How to make this adventure work?
- 10 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 11 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 12 dining in Brussels
- 13 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 14 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 15 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 16 using airbnb for the first time...
- 17 Madrid: City Views
- 18 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 19 plug adapters ITALY
- 20 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 21 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 22 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 23 How much luggage?????
- 24 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 25 Appropriate attire for Provence