I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AMBASSADOR OPPORTUNITY
- 2 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 3 Cars in France
- 4 Experience with Budweis Shuttle
- 5 Tourist photo in Germany in traditional costumes
- 6 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 7 London: Xmas Break Trip - One Week Itinerary
- 8 Bahn sales
- 9 Reims Champagne Houses
- 10 NYE Paris
- 11 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 12 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 13 First European Vacation )
- 14 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 15 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 16 Rovaniemi or Levi??
- 17 Jakobsweg: Walking through Switzerland
- 18 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 19 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 20 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 21 Greek island advice
- 22 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 23 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 24 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 25 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013