I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 2 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 5 May or September Andulucia/Munich
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 8 What type of visa is right for me?
- 9 CDG to the 10th on Friday afternoon for 6
- 10 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 11 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 12 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 13 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 14 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 15 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 16 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 17 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 18 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 19 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 20 Vienna to Bratislava
- 21 a loss about Paris
- 22 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 23 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 24 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 25 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013