I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 2 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 3 Trains Austria
- 4 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 5 Trains
- 6 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 7 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 10 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 11 Denmark cycle tour
- 12 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 13 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 14 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 15 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 16 Train from Sarlat
- 17 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 18 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 19 Naples vs Sorrento
- 20 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 21 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 22 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 23 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 24 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 25 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System