I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 2 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 3 too many London hotels!
- 4 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 5 What to Wear in Scotland
- 6 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 7 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 8 Please Help - Poland - Prague - Vienna
- 9 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 10 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 11 Pretty small towns in Bavaria
- 12 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 13 One way car drop fee
- 14 2 weeks in France next May
- 15 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 16 Driving out of Heathrow
- 17 14-16 days - where to fly in/out?
- 18 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 19 Stunning Stockholm - August 2010
- 20 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 21 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 22 2015 Flight Prices
- 23 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 24 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 25 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013