I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Prem Train Fares
- 2 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 3 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 4 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 5 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 6 Rome Private Tours
- 7 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 8 Three days in Athens
- 9 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 10 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 11 Passport
- 12 Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice, Rome too much for 15-20 days?
- 13 Driving the Pyrenees from Barcelona to San Sebastián . Need advice ....
- 14 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 15 Intercity Train
- 16 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 17 Is one day in Portofino enough?
- 18 15 nights in Italy
- 19 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 20 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 21 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 22 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 23 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 24 Switzerland 5 days
- 25 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013