I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 2 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 3 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 4 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 5 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 6 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 7 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 8 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 9 train from ams to paris
- 10 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 13 Poland in September
- 14 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 17 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 20 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 21 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 22 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 23 Cordoba or Granada?
- 24 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 25 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013