I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?