I have planned my honeymoon in Italy, we are from Asia so not too much familiar with Europe. We always wanted to visit Venice so planned our honeymoon in Italy.
It would be of great help to us if you guys can provide any type of advice/dos/donts/tips that would make our honeymoon memorable. My iternery is as follows:
12th Feb 2013: Arrival at Venice at around 2 pm
15th Feb: Venice to Milan by Train
19th Feb: Departure from Milan at around 1 pm
So I have 3 nights at Venice and 4 nights at Milan. I have been to Rome before so didn't include that in my trip, my fiancée has never been to Europe.
Please provide advice on the following:
1. Three nights in Venice:
I am staying in Hotel at Mestre near Train Station. What all things to do and visit in Venice? Any nearby places to visit?
It will be a time of carnival at Venice: I am very excited about it as I have never seen any carnival in Europe, any dos and don't for that?
Should I buy any travel pass for local travel by in Venice for 3 days?
2. Four nights in Milan:
I am staying in Hotel near train station. What all things to do in Milan, I also want to see the night life of Milan.. any advice on the same?
Since 4 days are too much in Milan so planning to visit Florence or Pisa for a day. Is it possible to see both in one day.
We have already spent too much in flight tickets and hotel booking so will be on budget for our stay.
Any advice or thoughts on this will be of great help to us.
Honeymoon in Italy (Venice, Milan and Florence) in February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 4 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 5 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 6 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 7 Voltage in UK and France
- 8 Snow Tires on rentals
- 9 New BMW pick-up travel
- 10 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 11 Cinque Terre
- 12 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 13 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 14 Athens airport question
- 15 Chamonix - Information
- 16 GPS in France
- 17 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 18 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 19 Germany for 3 weeks
- 20 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 21 South of France
- 22 Papal audience-Easter
- 23 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 24 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 25 A month in Positano - where to stay??