This morning, 2 days before leaving on a one month overseas holiday, my family (2 parents, 3 teen girls and a kindergartener) discovered that our home exchange fell through...so after many internet searches...
We have the first 2 weeks planned so far (Amsterdam, Bruges and Cologne), but we can't seem to figure out the last 2 weeks.
From Cologne, is there a spot less than 6 hours by car that is amenable to hiking and outdoor activities and culturally intersting?
We have entertained Berlin and Lausanne. Are there any Swiss campgrounds that someone could recommend?
Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Planning A trip
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Checking accounts in Europe
- 10 Accountant in Slovenia
- 11 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 12 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 16 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 17 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 24 Long weekend in Albania
- 25 car rental