This morning, 2 days before leaving on a one month overseas holiday, my family (2 parents, 3 teen girls and a kindergartener) discovered that our home exchange fell through...so after many internet searches...
We have the first 2 weeks planned so far (Amsterdam, Bruges and Cologne), but we can't seem to figure out the last 2 weeks.
From Cologne, is there a spot less than 6 hours by car that is amenable to hiking and outdoor activities and culturally intersting?
We have entertained Berlin and Lausanne. Are there any Swiss campgrounds that someone could recommend?
Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 10 Roma Pass
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 Budapest in December 2017
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 Denmark or Sweden?
- 15 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 16 Europe itinerary questions
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 22 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris