I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Three ferries to Mull
- 4 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 17 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 18 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 19 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 20 driving in france with kids
- 21 Southern Spain
- 22 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 25 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS