I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 2 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 3 London GTG late September?
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 Amsterdam
- 6 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 7 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 18 Scottish Passport
- 19 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 20 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 21 Questions About Croatia
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro