I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel to western Europe from India
- 2 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 3 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 4 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 5 Help for San Sebastian
- 6 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 7 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 8 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 9 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 10 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 11 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 12 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 13 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 14 Walking in Oslo
- 15 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 16 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 17 week in calabria
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 20 3 days in Rome
- 21 London hotel tax is 20%
- 22 Paris Hidden Railway
- 23 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 24 Northern Spain
- 25 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?