I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 2 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 3 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 4 NT in devon and cornwall
- 5 Venice - things to do?
- 6 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 7 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 8 Alilaguna to Rialto?
- 9 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 10 Italy, June, 11 nights, Flights arrice and depart from Rome (Ciampino)
- 11 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 12 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 13 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 14 Moving Back Home to Travel Back Again
- 15 Lyon Arrondissements
- 16 help and advice
- 17 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 18 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 19 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 20 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 21 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 22 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 23 Garmisch
- 24 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 25 Rome to Positano