I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 2 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 3 rail pass
- 4 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 5 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 8 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 9 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 10 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 11 Germany for 3 weeks
- 12 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 13 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 16 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 17 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 18 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 19 Great restaurants in Italy
- 20 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 21 Scotland and northern England
- 22 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 23 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 24 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 25 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland