I tried to post this yesterday but probably did it wrong. We are arriving from the U.S. in Dublin 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday in Sept. and renting a car (automatic). Our first stop will be Newgrange for 2-3 hours, but then we'll head for a B&B in Ballycastle. Various mapping sites say it will take 4.5 hours from Dublin to Ballycastle. Is 4.5 hours a true estimate? We will probably run out of steam by mid afternoon, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wiser to stop in Carlingford or Portaferry for the first night. If so, are there any comments/advice about one of these towns vs. the other? We'll be in Ireland for 17 days and want to go north, then west, then south, winding up in Kinsale/Cobh before heading up to Shannon airport. Thank you and I will probably be back for more advice as I plan.
Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day travel itinerary to Italy... help!
- 2 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 5 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 6 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 7 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 8 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 9 Southwestern England
- 10 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 11 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 12 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 13 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 14 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 15 Edinburgh accommodation location help me choose
- 16 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 17 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 18 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 19 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 20 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 21 Mont St. Michele?
- 22 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 23 Friends of Uffizi recent experience
- 24 Stay in Venice
- 25 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?