Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 2 http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 3 http://isscamreview.com/code-fibo-scam/
- 4 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 5 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 6 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 7 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 8 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 9 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 10 20 free days of Europe
- 11 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 12 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 13 Help with itinerary
- 14 Click Here : http://skinreviveidea.com/alpha-tren/
- 15 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 16 Planning Advice!
- 17 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 18 Our European adventures
- 19 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 20 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 21 http://www.healthybooklet.com/exoslim/
- 22 1 day trip from Nice
- 23 Girona and Besalau
- 24 3 nights in Paris
- 25 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan