Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London dining service charge
- 2 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 3 London Paris
- 4 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 5 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 6 Scandinavia????
- 7 Venice to Positano
- 8 GPS vs Google Maps
- 9 Scotland Question
- 10 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 11 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 12 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 13 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 14 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 15 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 16 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 17 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 18 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 19 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 20 The Rain in Spain and more
- 21 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 22 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 23 help with 21 days-croatia
- 24 Bavaria in August
- 25 Family vacation near Amsterdam