Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip
- 2 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 5 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 6 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 7 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 8 Montenegro in September
- 9 3 week stay in Scotland
- 10 Paris, France
- 11 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 12 sfo to europe
- 13 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 17 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 18 What one thing in Paris?
- 19 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 20 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 21 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 22 Rue des Rosiers
- 23 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 24 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?