Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sliema, Malta
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 4 Sachsenhausen?
- 5 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 6 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 11 Rome to Portofino -
- 12 Sim Card
- 13 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 3 Days in Paris.. what are the "must sees"?
- 16 12 Days in Italy
- 17 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 18 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 19 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 20 River Boat Cruise
- 21 student in denmark
- 22 Poland in September
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 25 Cheap Paris Boutiques