Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Help with Cycling trip in Provence?
- 1 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 2 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 3 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 4 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 5 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 6 Hotels in Sorrento
- 7 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 8 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 9 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 10 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 11 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 12 Germany with 6 month old.
- 13 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 14 Which tour company would be best?
- 15 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 16 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 17 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Apartment in Seville
- 20 Irish Pub Arrival Time ?
- 21 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 22 Germany and Italy
- 23 day trips from Stuttgart
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)