Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Under Attack...
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 How big backpack do I need?
- 5 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 6 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 7 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 8 From Genoa to Rome...
- 9 Dentix in Spain
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 12 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 13 First trip - destination advice!
- 14 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 15 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 16 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 17 Stonehenge and Bath
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 20 Should I speculate?
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Le Marche Sept./Oct.