Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 3 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 4 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 9 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Spain in December
- 14 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 15 cheap food in london
- 16 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 17 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 18 Eating Indian In London
- 19 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Sundays in Puglia
- 23 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 24 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 25 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada