Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 2 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 3 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 4 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 5 8 days in Vienna in December
- 6 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 7 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 8 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 9 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 12 Christmas Market and Parking
- 13 Paris Under Seige...
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 15 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 16 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 17 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 18 Advices about our itiniary
- 19 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 22 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 23 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 24 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe