Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days trip to Europe
- 2 Vuerling airlines
- 3 http://www.trysupercbdreview.com/intellux/
- 4 Chinese visit to France
- 5 http://supplementsgarden.com/silqueskin-cream-reviews
- 6 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 7 France for a month in 2017
- 8 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 9 All of Spain or something else..?
- 10 Barcelona extension
- 11 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 12 Europe itinerary review
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 16 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 17 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 18 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 19 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 20 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 21 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 22 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 23 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 24 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 25 RENFE error message during payment