Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Help with Cycling trip in Provence?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 2 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 3 Luggage sizing
- 4 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 London during Christmas week
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 10 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 11 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 12 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 13 Eleanor's Pages
- 14 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 20 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 21 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 22 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 23 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?