Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Help with Cycling trip in Provence?
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 12 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 7 days in Andalucia
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 25 Rental Agency Recommendation