Need advice or suggestions for a cycling trip to Southern France. We (small group of 4) plan to fly into Marseille in early July, and take a train to Avignon. We'll use it as a base for 9 days to cycle and watch a stage of the Tour de France. After that we plan on heading for Lyon for the last 5 days to cycle and sight see. We would fly home out of Lyon. Any suggestions on routes or accommodations, ie...should we stay inside or outside the cities...realize Lyon is a big place! We will be bringing our road bikes and luggage, so don't want to be too far from the train stations, etc? Is Avignon a good base? We would like to do the Mt. Ventoux climb. Anything that others may have done, we'd love to hear about.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Amsterdam hotels
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Old European currency
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Paris hotels
- 24 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 25 10 days in Paris and......