We are planning our honeymoon in early September in Greece. We will have between 10 and 14 nights in Greece (depending on the itinerary) and will likely arrive and depart from Athens.
Going to Santorini (Oia) is the only request of my fiancée.
Which other island(s) should we be going to? The consensus seems to be Paxos or Paros but we would condider any island. I'm a bit confused with the different islands in Greece (and the routes).
We usually prefer a slow-paced trip and don't like to move too much between bases. We would like to enjoy good traditional food and a nice sand beach would be important for the sland other than Santorini. We also prefer small hotels (boutiques or run by families).
Do we also have to rent a car? If so, is it easy to find an automatic?
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 8 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Itinerary Help
- 19 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt