We are planning our honeymoon in early September in Greece. We will have between 10 and 14 nights in Greece (depending on the itinerary) and will likely arrive and depart from Athens.
Going to Santorini (Oia) is the only request of my fiancée.
Which other island(s) should we be going to? The consensus seems to be Paxos or Paros but we would condider any island. I'm a bit confused with the different islands in Greece (and the routes).
We usually prefer a slow-paced trip and don't like to move too much between bases. We would like to enjoy good traditional food and a nice sand beach would be important for the sland other than Santorini. We also prefer small hotels (boutiques or run by families).
Do we also have to rent a car? If so, is it easy to find an automatic?
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 The specific levels of existence
- 5 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 6 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 7 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 22 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain