I am planning a trip to Tuscan and other European cities. After spending two days reading everyone account of different cities, I am more confused, hahaha.
Here is my favourite cities - Tuscany, Rome, Milan, Florence, Venice and Paris.
I have 20 days to work and that excludes travel time from home ( South Africa - Joburg). I see that Milan is cheapest re plane tickets. So I will probably land there. After that not sure which one to tackle and how many days to spend. Paris will be a day trip. I went in Winter so I would like to see it in Spring and hopefully get to the Louvre Museum.
I don't want to be at a beach areas because we already have the beach at home so I'm cool with not seeing them. I would like to see the country side hence Tuscany. I also love museums but would prefer to see the major ones rather than wonder around from one to another. I am love old Churches, again major ones.
My calculation says - 3 days in each city excluding travel time, moving to one place to another. What I really need help with is where to go (exact area of my base), how much time to allocate to each city and what to see. Exclude Paris.
Thank you for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 7 Christmas markets
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 15 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 16 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21
Help: I want to travel to Tuscany and other European cities.