I'm going to Paris for the first time and will be spending 2 nights (1.5/2 days) there with a few friends. I've been having such a difficult time deciding what to see/visit and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I want to see everything but I also want to enjoy myself and remember my trip. I know I will be back for another visit someday but if anyone can give me some advice as to where to go in my current situation that would be great.
My friends and I are flying in from Dublin on October 28th at 9am and leaving October 30th at 1pm (really not a lot of time). We're staying at a hotel in Montmartre, Pigalle.
My itinerary so far/places we want to see:
From Beauvais Airport to Porte Maillot we'd start off at the Arc de Triomphe, then go to the hotel drop off our things - at this point it's probably around 12pm-1pm. I don't know where to go from there.
We want to see:
Eiffel Tower (just to see, not go up)
relax at a cafe/have dinner at one cute restaurant
We know we want to go to at least one museum - either the Louvre, d'Orsay or Rodin - how busy would these museums be at the end of October? Is the Louvre really worth seeing? We're thinking that if the Louvre was too busy we'd just take photos outside the building and pyramid and just go visit another museum. Does the museum pass really help with the lines and maximum time?
We thought about exploring Monmartre for half a day since we're going to Sacre-Coeur - is it a good idea? What's there to see? It looks like a cute town and one of my favourite films (Amelie) was shot there.
Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated as well as any recommendations on other places to see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 2 auto europa or auto europe?
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 travel to prague, vienna and munich