I'm going to Paris for the first time and will be spending 2 nights (1.5/2 days) there with a few friends. I've been having such a difficult time deciding what to see/visit and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I want to see everything but I also want to enjoy myself and remember my trip. I know I will be back for another visit someday but if anyone can give me some advice as to where to go in my current situation that would be great.
My friends and I are flying in from Dublin on October 28th at 9am and leaving October 30th at 1pm (really not a lot of time). We're staying at a hotel in Montmartre, Pigalle.
My itinerary so far/places we want to see:
From Beauvais Airport to Porte Maillot we'd start off at the Arc de Triomphe, then go to the hotel drop off our things - at this point it's probably around 12pm-1pm. I don't know where to go from there.
We want to see:
Eiffel Tower (just to see, not go up)
relax at a cafe/have dinner at one cute restaurant
We know we want to go to at least one museum - either the Louvre, d'Orsay or Rodin - how busy would these museums be at the end of October? Is the Louvre really worth seeing? We're thinking that if the Louvre was too busy we'd just take photos outside the building and pyramid and just go visit another museum. Does the museum pass really help with the lines and maximum time?
We thought about exploring Monmartre for half a day since we're going to Sacre-Coeur - is it a good idea? What's there to see? It looks like a cute town and one of my favourite films (Amelie) was shot there.
Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated as well as any recommendations on other places to see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 Help required with Itinerary
- 3 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 7 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 8 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 9 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 10 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 11 Skye to Edinburgh
- 12 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 13 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 14 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 18 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 UK Visa Help
- 21 K-Day
- 22 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 23 Sundays in Puglia
- 24 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?