I'm going to Paris for the first time and will be spending 2 nights (1.5/2 days) there with a few friends. I've been having such a difficult time deciding what to see/visit and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I want to see everything but I also want to enjoy myself and remember my trip. I know I will be back for another visit someday but if anyone can give me some advice as to where to go in my current situation that would be great.
My friends and I are flying in from Dublin on October 28th at 9am and leaving October 30th at 1pm (really not a lot of time). We're staying at a hotel in Montmartre, Pigalle.
My itinerary so far/places we want to see:
From Beauvais Airport to Porte Maillot we'd start off at the Arc de Triomphe, then go to the hotel drop off our things - at this point it's probably around 12pm-1pm. I don't know where to go from there.
We want to see:
Eiffel Tower (just to see, not go up)
relax at a cafe/have dinner at one cute restaurant
We know we want to go to at least one museum - either the Louvre, d'Orsay or Rodin - how busy would these museums be at the end of October? Is the Louvre really worth seeing? We're thinking that if the Louvre was too busy we'd just take photos outside the building and pyramid and just go visit another museum. Does the museum pass really help with the lines and maximum time?
We thought about exploring Monmartre for half a day since we're going to Sacre-Coeur - is it a good idea? What's there to see? It looks like a cute town and one of my favourite films (Amelie) was shot there.
Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated as well as any recommendations on other places to see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Katyn massacres
- 2 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 3 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 4 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 5 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 6 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 9 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 10 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 11 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 12 Food in Positano
- 13 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 14 Ireland hotel questions
- 15 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 16 Italy
- 17 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 18 3 weeks in Spain
- 19 Emergencies in Ireland
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 22 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 23 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 24 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip