My girlfriend and I (age 24) want to do a greek island trip and possibly turkey sometime in either june or july of this summer. We will be traveling from Toronto. I have very little knowledge as to traveling in Greece and the little research I have done is a little overwhelming in terms of all the different places that we could go to and all the different ways in which we can accomplish this, as per cruise or whatever.
I don't think we want to do a cruise as most of the time will be spent on the boat rather than ashore. We plan to spend around 1-2 weeks on this vacation. As said before, my knowledge on Greece is very little. What I can tell you is that we want to experience some of the must see parts of the country that are very nice and not necessarily super touristy although if that cannot be avoided, that is OK. Where should we start? How many islands should we go to? Which ones? How should we travel amongst the various islands? Can we do around 3-4 days in Turkey as well? What are the most appropriate islands for people our age? We do not necessarily want to party a ton but places that attract a younger crowd is good for us. Please let me know what you guys think.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 2 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Italy June 6-16
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 14 car rental
- 15 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 16 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 19 Munich and....???
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 24 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini