My wife and I have the opportunity of spending about 28 days in Europe in July 2014. Problem is it must either start with a week in Athens or Frankfurt?
I haven't got a clue which to choose because they are so different.
I hear Athens is air polluted and dirty but great history. The Greek Isles I'm told are beautiful.
Germany also great history and green with mountains and is sort of in the centre of europe.
So Basically its either Germany -> Paris -> Italy -> Croatia?
or Athens -> Greek Isles -> Italy -> Paris?
As you can see Paris and Italy is a must.
Any recommendations and why would be very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moldova and Transnistria
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 12 Iceland in January/February
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Paris in August
- 16 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 17 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Rome Water Shortage
- 21 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 22 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 23 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 24 Train travel to and from Paris
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground