My wife and I have the opportunity of spending about 28 days in Europe in July 2014. Problem is it must either start with a week in Athens or Frankfurt?
I haven't got a clue which to choose because they are so different.
I hear Athens is air polluted and dirty but great history. The Greek Isles I'm told are beautiful.
Germany also great history and green with mountains and is sort of in the centre of europe.
So Basically its either Germany -> Paris -> Italy -> Croatia?
or Athens -> Greek Isles -> Italy -> Paris?
As you can see Paris and Italy is a must.
Any recommendations and why would be very much appreciated
Greece or Germany
- 1 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 Trieste as a day trip?
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Lucerne & Zurich
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 8 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 9 Frankfurt Macarons
- 10 Trip around Spain
- 11 Lake como
- 12 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 13 Getting around in Tuscany
- 14 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 17 Public transport from Ostuni
- 18 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 19 British drivers
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 22 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 25 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!