I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 2 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 3 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 4 Lost speeding fine notice
- 5 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 6 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 7 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 8 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 9 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 10 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 11 Day trips by train from Milan
- 12 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 13 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 14 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 15 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 16 Q's About Sweden- Talk to a Real Swede!
- 17 London dining service charge
- 18 Weekend hopping: Ghent, Zadar, Lisbon, Bosch, Brno,...
- 19 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 20 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 21 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 22 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 23 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 24 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)