I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 2 Milan or Turin
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 God Save the Queen?
- 7 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 8 Frankfurt to UK
- 9 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras