I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Getting from Venice to Ljubljana
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 One more last question on Bayeux
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Trip around Spain
- 15 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Medieval Tallinn
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested