I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 2 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 3 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/hydroplenage-anti-ageing-cream/
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 6 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 7 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 8 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 9 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 10 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 11 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 12 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 13 Stonehenge and Bath
- 14 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 15 Barcelona extension
- 16 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 My First Trip to Europe...
- 19 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 20 From Genoa to Rome...
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia