I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 2 2 Months in Sicily
- 3 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 What tips can you give about packing?
- 6 Ludwig Castles
- 7 Le Marche, Italy
- 8 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 9 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 10 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 11 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report