I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Athens
- 6 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 14 Meteora for older folk
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague