I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria
- 2 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 3 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 4 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 5 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 6 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 7 Pompeii luggage storage
- 8 Train Help
- 9 Train rides
- 10 12 days in Austria
- 11 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 14 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 15 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 16 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 17 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Salento penninsula
- 20 What about Basque Country?
- 21 Bursa/Iznik
- 22 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 23 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 24 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 25 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily