I was hoping if anybody can provide me with some advice on trying to get from Venice to Ljubljana.
We will be staying for 5-6 days in Italy, so we will rent a car in Rome, and then drive to Venice. We want to spend 2 days in Slovenia and then fly out of there.
1) I have come across the DRD.SI website which runs buses from the two cities. This is 25 Euros per person and it roughly a 4 hour trip
2) Train to Trieste, then taxi to Koper, then try to rent a car in Koper? Is there a rental car company in Koper?
3) Rent a car from Italy to return in Ljubljana ( I got a price tag for $1,300 for a 4 day rental through Hertz). Any suggestion which rental company is reasonable with this arrangement? Any experience with EuropCar?
Getting from Venice to Ljubljana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 3 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 4 tour guides in rome
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 11 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 12 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 13 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 14 Seaside island village in Greece
- 15 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 16 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 20 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Spain itineraries
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?