my small family (2 adults and 2 kids of 4 and 8 years old) will be in Germany next summer. I've taken a good look ont seat61 website and we,re still debating if we should buy a rail pass or single tickets.
For now the only (but big) advantage would be to be able to hop on any train. Since we already know our itinerary (and booked all our lodging) we think that we could buy long travel ticket the day they became avaible (mid april).
heres' the train we will need to take:
1- Berlin to Dresden
2- Dresden to Nuremberg
3- Daytrips from Nuremberg (Rothenburg, Playmobil park, Bamberg)
4- Nuremberg to Salzburg
5 - daytrip from Salzburg (Berchtesgaden)
6- Salzburg to Munich
7- Munich to Cochem or Cologne (and the Cologne to Cochem)
8- daytrips from Cochem
9- Cochem to Luxembourg (fly back home )
Mots of the are not very long ride (except for Dresden to Nuremberg and Munich to Cologne (or Cochem). A rail pass would cost us 360 Euro for 5 days in one month. Of course ww could also take 3 days (314 Euro) 4 days (336 Euro ) or 7 days (445 Euro). Those prices are for second class.
What would you do ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hot mail Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 7 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 8 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 12 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 16 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 17 Happy birthday ATM
- 18 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan