Hi Travel Friends,
My husband and I are trying to plan a quick long anniversary weekend trip to Frankfurt area the last weekend of September (yes next weekend). We are interested in wine tasting and visiting a few castles. I have read about the Romantic Road area.
We will fly into Frankfurt and are not sure if we should stay in Frankfurt or try to position ourselves better in Rothenburg and use that as our base for the weekend.
Have any of you done a weekend trip here and toured castles? If so, did you go with a tour or did you travel by train my yourselves? We are well traveled but are worried about our short time frame that we will waste lots of time trying to figure it out on our on.
I would appreciate your feedback and tips that you all have learned from traveling through the Romantic Road/ castles, wineries etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 3 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 4 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 Bruges
- 8 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 A week in the Occitanie
- 15 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 18 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 22 Train Through Spain
- 23 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Italy June 6-16
Frankfurt long weekend (late September) castle tours, wine tasting ?
Hi Travel Friends,