Hi Travel Friends,
My husband and I are trying to plan a quick long anniversary weekend trip to Frankfurt area the last weekend of September (yes next weekend). We are interested in wine tasting and visiting a few castles. I have read about the Romantic Road area.
We will fly into Frankfurt and are not sure if we should stay in Frankfurt or try to position ourselves better in Rothenburg and use that as our base for the weekend.
Have any of you done a weekend trip here and toured castles? If so, did you go with a tour or did you travel by train my yourselves? We are well traveled but are worried about our short time frame that we will waste lots of time trying to figure it out on our on.
I would appreciate your feedback and tips that you all have learned from traveling through the Romantic Road/ castles, wineries etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 2 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 A week in Croatia with kids
- 11 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
Frankfurt long weekend (late September) castle tours, wine tasting ?
Hi Travel Friends,