Hi Travel Friends,
My husband and I are trying to plan a quick long anniversary weekend trip to Frankfurt area the last weekend of September (yes next weekend). We are interested in wine tasting and visiting a few castles. I have read about the Romantic Road area.
We will fly into Frankfurt and are not sure if we should stay in Frankfurt or try to position ourselves better in Rothenburg and use that as our base for the weekend.
Have any of you done a weekend trip here and toured castles? If so, did you go with a tour or did you travel by train my yourselves? We are well traveled but are worried about our short time frame that we will waste lots of time trying to figure it out on our on.
I would appreciate your feedback and tips that you all have learned from traveling through the Romantic Road/ castles, wineries etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tickets for Wimbledon
- 2 Happy birthday ATM
- 3 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 4 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 5 24 hours in Paris
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 9 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 10 Keukenhof in May?
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Insurance on rental car options
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
Frankfurt long weekend (late September) castle tours, wine tasting ?
Hi Travel Friends,