Hi Travel Friends,
My husband and I are trying to plan a quick long anniversary weekend trip to Frankfurt area the last weekend of September (yes next weekend). We are interested in wine tasting and visiting a few castles. I have read about the Romantic Road area.
We will fly into Frankfurt and are not sure if we should stay in Frankfurt or try to position ourselves better in Rothenburg and use that as our base for the weekend.
Have any of you done a weekend trip here and toured castles? If so, did you go with a tour or did you travel by train my yourselves? We are well traveled but are worried about our short time frame that we will waste lots of time trying to figure it out on our on.
I would appreciate your feedback and tips that you all have learned from traveling through the Romantic Road/ castles, wineries etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens International airport
- 2 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 3 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 4 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 7 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 11 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 12 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 13 Road trip Italy
- 14 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 15 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 16 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 17 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 18 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 19 Hilton CPH no loner
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Scotland Trip Report
- 22 French Wedding
- 23 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016
Frankfurt long weekend (late September) castle tours, wine tasting ?
Hi Travel Friends,