Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 2 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 5 biking in France
- 6 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 9 London for Free
- 10 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 11 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 12 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 13 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 14 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 17 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 18 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 19 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 20 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 21 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 22 Madrid: City Views
- 23 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 24 London restaurants
- 25 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona