Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence Hotel Advice
- 2 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 3 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 4 Italy tours
- 5 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 9 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 10 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 11 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 12 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 15 Best day trips from Paris
- 16 Scottish Passport
- 17 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 18 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 19 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 20 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 23 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 24 Viator.com in Turkey
- 25 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.