Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 8 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 9 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 10 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 Rome Accommodation
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Greek islands from Turkey
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Novels set in Greece