Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 2 Please help me plan my trip!
- 3 A week in spain
- 4 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 5 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 6 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 Family trip to France with kids
- 9 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 10 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 13 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 14 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 15 Car Rental in Iceland
- 16 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 17 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 18 Nice, Avignon, and Lyon
- 19 scotland trave;
- 20 Italy food budget
- 21 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 22 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 23 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 24 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 25 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro