Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 6 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 7 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 14 20 days in Germany
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 France, Italy and Greec
- 17 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 18 Rome---August and September
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 Help With Vienna
- 22 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 23 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 24 South of France November Trip Report
- 25 Best luggage for a 7 week trip