Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 4 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 5 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 10 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 11 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 12 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Italian Lakes gardens
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 London for Christmas
- 18 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 24 Greek islands from Turkey
- 25 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich