Last minute tag along for me to Frankfurt. Will do day trips for 1st 3 days then off to the rhine wine country for a long weekend. We wont have a car and prefer not to drag our luggage from town to town but find a lovely apartment/pension and explore castles along the rhine. I have the airline tickets, woefully unprepared. Will be there 8 days starting a week from today. The other confusing thing is I do want to see Koln, Nuremberg and Trier. These can be costly single tickets. If I get a german rail pass/twin I will have mismatched days as one person will be working. KLastly, once I hit the Rhine, it would be boat travel only, correct? Am I dreaming if I want to use one day spend it travelling on bike? Another game plan we came up with was to leave Frankfurt on Saturday and head instead to Prague. Any advice appreciated.
Frankfurt for business then Moselle/Rhine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours
- 2 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 3 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 4 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 5 7 countries in a month
- 6 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 2 weeks in Spain
- 10 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 11 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 12 floods in Andalucia
- 13 Recommendations for a Paris Apartment Rental Agency
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 16 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 17 Day trips out of Florence?
- 18 2 Days in Rome
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Having a great time Romania
- 21 Rome Restaurant Recognizance
- 22 Hotel Santa Maria, Rome in the winter?
- 23 Portugal
- 24 Favorite things to do in London
- 25 4 days in lake region