We are planning a trip to France thus June. Presently I am considering spending time in Paris, three nights, the Loire Valley and Provence, for six nights each.
For transport we plan on using the Metro in Paris, take the SNCF to the Loire, hire a car there to tour around, then take the SNCF to Provence and hire a car there.
In all areas we are trying to decide on locations to stay, and whether to rent accommodation or to stay in hotels. For location in Paris we are considering the area near Odeon/Saint Germain. In the Loire and Provence we are thinking about setting up in a central location in each, such as Chinon or Montlouis-Sur-Loire and in Provence, Avignon or Marseille.
It would be great to hear your suggestions.
France - Paris, Loire Valley and Provence - June 14
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in the UK
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 4 days in lake region
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 5 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 6 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 7 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 8 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 9 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 10 7 countries in a month
- 11 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 12 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014
- 15 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 16 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 17 floods in Andalucia
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 20 INTERESTED IN A HOME EXCHANGE ?
- 21 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours
- 22 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 2 weeks in Spain