We are planning a trip to France thus June. Presently I am considering spending time in Paris, three nights, the Loire Valley and Provence, for six nights each.
For transport we plan on using the Metro in Paris, take the SNCF to the Loire, hire a car there to tour around, then take the SNCF to Provence and hire a car there.
In all areas we are trying to decide on locations to stay, and whether to rent accommodation or to stay in hotels. For location in Paris we are considering the area near Odeon/Saint Germain. In the Loire and Provence we are thinking about setting up in a central location in each, such as Chinon or Montlouis-Sur-Loire and in Provence, Avignon or Marseille.
It would be great to hear your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Paris in August
- 4 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 11 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 12 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 13 Andalucia Spain
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 16 Vigo Spain????
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground