We are planning a trip to France thus June. Presently I am considering spending time in Paris, three nights, the Loire Valley and Provence, for six nights each.
For transport we plan on using the Metro in Paris, take the SNCF to the Loire, hire a car there to tour around, then take the SNCF to Provence and hire a car there.
In all areas we are trying to decide on locations to stay, and whether to rent accommodation or to stay in hotels. For location in Paris we are considering the area near Odeon/Saint Germain. In the Loire and Provence we are thinking about setting up in a central location in each, such as Chinon or Montlouis-Sur-Loire and in Provence, Avignon or Marseille.
It would be great to hear your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 2 12 days in Austria
- 3 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 European Championship
- 6 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 9 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 10 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 11 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 14 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 15 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Italy by car
- 18 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 19 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 20 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 21 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 22 Ireland in October?
- 23 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 24 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 25 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?