We are planning a trip to France thus June. Presently I am considering spending time in Paris, three nights, the Loire Valley and Provence, for six nights each.
For transport we plan on using the Metro in Paris, take the SNCF to the Loire, hire a car there to tour around, then take the SNCF to Provence and hire a car there.
In all areas we are trying to decide on locations to stay, and whether to rent accommodation or to stay in hotels. For location in Paris we are considering the area near Odeon/Saint Germain. In the Loire and Provence we are thinking about setting up in a central location in each, such as Chinon or Montlouis-Sur-Loire and in Provence, Avignon or Marseille.
It would be great to hear your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 2 Ireland driving itinerary
- 3 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 6 Manchester on derby weekend
- 7 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 8 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 Day trips from Uzes
- 11 Greece Experts
- 12 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 13 My First Trip to Europe...
- 14 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 15 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 16 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 17 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 18 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 19 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Madrid city centre?
- 22 Puglia
- 23 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?