We are planning a trip to France thus June. Presently I am considering spending time in Paris, three nights, the Loire Valley and Provence, for six nights each.
For transport we plan on using the Metro in Paris, take the SNCF to the Loire, hire a car there to tour around, then take the SNCF to Provence and hire a car there.
In all areas we are trying to decide on locations to stay, and whether to rent accommodation or to stay in hotels. For location in Paris we are considering the area near Odeon/Saint Germain. In the Loire and Provence we are thinking about setting up in a central location in each, such as Chinon or Montlouis-Sur-Loire and in Provence, Avignon or Marseille.
It would be great to hear your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Greek Village
- 9 "Too Much Cows"
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 13 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 16 Rome -- The next time around
- 17 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 18 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 19 Rome to Venice
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize