I have been trying to research how to get from Paris (ideally Gare du Lyon) to Fontainebleau. We will be visiting on Sunday August 7th (free admission and what have you), but i can't seem to find a current copy of the train schedule. The only schedule that i dug up was valid in 2012-2013: http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/train_schedule_gare-de-lyon_fontainebleau_weekends_holidays.pdf.
Is this itinerary still valid? I have also looked online through TrainLine Europe to see if we could book our train tickets in advance, but for some reason it's impossible to book in advance for this route.
Is there any other way of getting from central Paris to the chateaux? Shuttles, bus services etc. We aren't too confident with the French transport system so a direct journey would be the easiest for us.
Any help would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Alhambra
- 5 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 UK in May and June
- 9 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 18 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 19 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 20 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 21 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 22 Thinking about the Fjords
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 25 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please