I have been trying to research how to get from Paris (ideally Gare du Lyon) to Fontainebleau. We will be visiting on Sunday August 7th (free admission and what have you), but i can't seem to find a current copy of the train schedule. The only schedule that i dug up was valid in 2012-2013: http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/train_schedule_gare-de-lyon_fontainebleau_weekends_holidays.pdf.
Is this itinerary still valid? I have also looked online through TrainLine Europe to see if we could book our train tickets in advance, but for some reason it's impossible to book in advance for this route.
Is there any other way of getting from central Paris to the chateaux? Shuttles, bus services etc. We aren't too confident with the French transport system so a direct journey would be the easiest for us.
Any help would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Hotel in Vienna
- 4 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 5 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 6 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Itinerary Tweaking
- 9 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 13 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Help
- 16 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 17 House Hunting in France
- 18 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 19 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 20 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna