I have been trying to research how to get from Paris (ideally Gare du Lyon) to Fontainebleau. We will be visiting on Sunday August 7th (free admission and what have you), but i can't seem to find a current copy of the train schedule. The only schedule that i dug up was valid in 2012-2013: http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/train_schedule_gare-de-lyon_fontainebleau_weekends_holidays.pdf.
Is this itinerary still valid? I have also looked online through TrainLine Europe to see if we could book our train tickets in advance, but for some reason it's impossible to book in advance for this route.
Is there any other way of getting from central Paris to the chateaux? Shuttles, bus services etc. We aren't too confident with the French transport system so a direct journey would be the easiest for us.
Any help would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 2 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 6 Milan or Turin
- 7 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 Iceland early december visit
- 17 Frankfurt to UK
- 18 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 19 God Save the Queen?
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Italy Car Scam