I have been trying to research how to get from Paris (ideally Gare du Lyon) to Fontainebleau. We will be visiting on Sunday August 7th (free admission and what have you), but i can't seem to find a current copy of the train schedule. The only schedule that i dug up was valid in 2012-2013: http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/train_schedule_gare-de-lyon_fontainebleau_weekends_holidays.pdf.
Is this itinerary still valid? I have also looked online through TrainLine Europe to see if we could book our train tickets in advance, but for some reason it's impossible to book in advance for this route.
Is there any other way of getting from central Paris to the chateaux? Shuttles, bus services etc. We aren't too confident with the French transport system so a direct journey would be the easiest for us.
Any help would be much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 7 Greek Islands (small)
- 8 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Scotland in 7 Days
- 11 Azores
- 12 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Cascais or Algarve?
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 22 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 25 Short Trip in July