I keep going back and forth on what's the best way to plan this trip. We have about 12 days and our group wants to see London, Paris and then Nice.
At first I thought the best course was to fly into London (people coming from Chicago and DC) for a couple of days and then fly into Nice for a few days and then take the train to Paris spend a few days there and then fly out of Paris back to the US. (Option A)
This morning I've been looking at flights that would fly into London and then have us leaving from Nice. That would allow us to take the train from London to Paris and another Paris to Nice. I'd like to avoid the hassle of airports as much as I can. And it's not that more expensive than option A. I've thought about flying into Nice to start the trip but for some reason they seem to be complicated (overnight layovers, ect.) and about $200 more expensive.
Now the flights from Nice to the states have some sort of stop over n Germany or Switzerland. On previous trips to Europe I've been lucky and have just had nonstop flights. Say we book a flight with a stop over in Germany. Once we leave the flight we'd have to go through customs first before heading to your next flight, correct? Security, too? What is a reasonable amount of time for a layover? Two hours? Four hours?
Also I'll be in Florida for work a few days before we leave for Europe. I thought about flying out of Europe from there, but I'm not dragging my work computer/professional clothing through a 12 day European trip. I'd head back to home August 31 and leave for Europe Sept 2. Anyone think that's a big enough cushion? I like to leave a few days for my departure flight in case I get delayed in Florida for some unforeseen reason.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 2 quickest way to Prague
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 9 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 15 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 16 Avoid Europcar!
- 17 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 20 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 21 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 22 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 23 Amsterdam
- 24 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 25 Europe Winter Itinerary