I keep going back and forth on what's the best way to plan this trip. We have about 12 days and our group wants to see London, Paris and then Nice.
At first I thought the best course was to fly into London (people coming from Chicago and DC) for a couple of days and then fly into Nice for a few days and then take the train to Paris spend a few days there and then fly out of Paris back to the US. (Option A)
This morning I've been looking at flights that would fly into London and then have us leaving from Nice. That would allow us to take the train from London to Paris and another Paris to Nice. I'd like to avoid the hassle of airports as much as I can. And it's not that more expensive than option A. I've thought about flying into Nice to start the trip but for some reason they seem to be complicated (overnight layovers, ect.) and about $200 more expensive.
Now the flights from Nice to the states have some sort of stop over n Germany or Switzerland. On previous trips to Europe I've been lucky and have just had nonstop flights. Say we book a flight with a stop over in Germany. Once we leave the flight we'd have to go through customs first before heading to your next flight, correct? Security, too? What is a reasonable amount of time for a layover? Two hours? Four hours?
Also I'll be in Florida for work a few days before we leave for Europe. I thought about flying out of Europe from there, but I'm not dragging my work computer/professional clothing through a 12 day European trip. I'd head back to home August 31 and leave for Europe Sept 2. Anyone think that's a big enough cushion? I like to leave a few days for my departure flight in case I get delayed in Florida for some unforeseen reason.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days