I keep going back and forth on what's the best way to plan this trip. We have about 12 days and our group wants to see London, Paris and then Nice.
At first I thought the best course was to fly into London (people coming from Chicago and DC) for a couple of days and then fly into Nice for a few days and then take the train to Paris spend a few days there and then fly out of Paris back to the US. (Option A)
This morning I've been looking at flights that would fly into London and then have us leaving from Nice. That would allow us to take the train from London to Paris and another Paris to Nice. I'd like to avoid the hassle of airports as much as I can. And it's not that more expensive than option A. I've thought about flying into Nice to start the trip but for some reason they seem to be complicated (overnight layovers, ect.) and about $200 more expensive.
Now the flights from Nice to the states have some sort of stop over n Germany or Switzerland. On previous trips to Europe I've been lucky and have just had nonstop flights. Say we book a flight with a stop over in Germany. Once we leave the flight we'd have to go through customs first before heading to your next flight, correct? Security, too? What is a reasonable amount of time for a layover? Two hours? Four hours?
Also I'll be in Florida for work a few days before we leave for Europe. I thought about flying out of Europe from there, but I'm not dragging my work computer/professional clothing through a 12 day European trip. I'd head back to home August 31 and leave for Europe Sept 2. Anyone think that's a big enough cushion? I like to leave a few days for my departure flight in case I get delayed in Florida for some unforeseen reason.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 무료 바둑이 게임 =홈_피:【"ttx983.com"】추천인:지퍼
- 2 한게임바둑이 =접_속:【"ttx983.com"】추천인:지퍼
- 3 바둑이사이트 ▼ 접속 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 4 바둑tv =접_속:【"ttx983.com"】추천인:지퍼
- 5 credit and debit cards
- 6 Charming areas to explore in London
- 7 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 8 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 9 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 10 Another Question re Scotland
- 11 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 12 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 13 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 14 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 15 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 16 Tattoos in Italy
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 19 Place to stay
- 20 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 21 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 22 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 23 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 24 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing