My two nieces and I are going to Madrid (Yes, we've decided on Spain versus Zurich) for four days in late March. From Madrid, we are thinking of going to the Andalusia region - Granada, Cordoba and maybe Sevilla, then fly out from Madrid.
I am looking for suggestions on the most efficient itinerary and places to stay. I am initially thinking of staying one night in Madrid, then take the early train to Cordoba or Granada the next day. Can we do Alhambra and Mezquita in one day? Where should we spend the second and third nights? Will we have time for Sevilla? Any other town that we should visit instead? We can also take an overnight train back to Madrid and head straight to the airport or go back on the fourth day and stay another night in Madrid.
We love to eat and do just a little shopping, and I think my companions will appreciate the palace and mosque.
I've read several topics on trips to the region but looking to hear more from others.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
Five days/four nights in Madrid and nearby towns, first time visitors