My two nieces and I are going to Madrid (Yes, we've decided on Spain versus Zurich) for four days in late March. From Madrid, we are thinking of going to the Andalusia region - Granada, Cordoba and maybe Sevilla, then fly out from Madrid.
I am looking for suggestions on the most efficient itinerary and places to stay. I am initially thinking of staying one night in Madrid, then take the early train to Cordoba or Granada the next day. Can we do Alhambra and Mezquita in one day? Where should we spend the second and third nights? Will we have time for Sevilla? Any other town that we should visit instead? We can also take an overnight train back to Madrid and head straight to the airport or go back on the fourth day and stay another night in Madrid.
We love to eat and do just a little shopping, and I think my companions will appreciate the palace and mosque.
I've read several topics on trips to the region but looking to hear more from others.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Acorn TV
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 We're here!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 5 Days in Switzerland
- 22 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Honeymoon on a Budget
Five days/four nights in Madrid and nearby towns, first time visitors