My two nieces and I are going to Madrid (Yes, we've decided on Spain versus Zurich) for four days in late March. From Madrid, we are thinking of going to the Andalusia region - Granada, Cordoba and maybe Sevilla, then fly out from Madrid.
I am looking for suggestions on the most efficient itinerary and places to stay. I am initially thinking of staying one night in Madrid, then take the early train to Cordoba or Granada the next day. Can we do Alhambra and Mezquita in one day? Where should we spend the second and third nights? Will we have time for Sevilla? Any other town that we should visit instead? We can also take an overnight train back to Madrid and head straight to the airport or go back on the fourth day and stay another night in Madrid.
We love to eat and do just a little shopping, and I think my companions will appreciate the palace and mosque.
I've read several topics on trips to the region but looking to hear more from others.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 3 A few days outside Rome
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 6 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 7 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 8 Paris Metro
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 19 Cambrils
- 20 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs
Five days/four nights in Madrid and nearby towns, first time visitors