My two nieces and I are going to Madrid (Yes, we've decided on Spain versus Zurich) for four days in late March. From Madrid, we are thinking of going to the Andalusia region - Granada, Cordoba and maybe Sevilla, then fly out from Madrid.
I am looking for suggestions on the most efficient itinerary and places to stay. I am initially thinking of staying one night in Madrid, then take the early train to Cordoba or Granada the next day. Can we do Alhambra and Mezquita in one day? Where should we spend the second and third nights? Will we have time for Sevilla? Any other town that we should visit instead? We can also take an overnight train back to Madrid and head straight to the airport or go back on the fourth day and stay another night in Madrid.
We love to eat and do just a little shopping, and I think my companions will appreciate the palace and mosque.
I've read several topics on trips to the region but looking to hear more from others.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 2 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 PARIS
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Germany or Sweden
- 16 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 17 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Greek Village
- 20 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
Five days/four nights in Madrid and nearby towns, first time visitors