My husband, 10 year old daughter and me, are planning our first trip to Scotland.
I've put together and itinerary and would love some feedback. I understand that the driving is slow and I'm wondering if I've left enough time between places to do what we want to do.
In addition, if there is something that we have missed, that you think a 10 year old would enjoy, or if we should not bother with something, please let me know. Thank you!
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Royal Mile/ Hop on Hop off bus. Good for 24 hours.
Day 2: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Edinburgh Castle, finish hop on hop off bus.
Day 3: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Old Town (Grey Frey’s Bobby) New Town (Park)
Day 4: More time in Edinburgh, then train to Glasgow (sleep in Glasgow)
Day 5: Glasgow (Glasgow) Burrell Collection – medieval tapestries, Stain glass, Rodin’s thinker, etc., Tisco Glasgow Outdoor Experience shop.
Day 6: Glasgow – Science museum, Fraser’s department shop
Day 7: Pick up car, drive to Oban (sleep in Oban) Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary.
Day 8: Drive to Fort William (sleep in /Fort William (The Jacobite Train) Hogwarts train over Glenfinnan Viaduct.
Day 9: Drive to Dunvegan Dunvegan Castle with the Fairy flag
Drive to Portree (Sleep Portree)
Day 10: Portree and drive to Inverness. (sleep Inverness)
Day 11: Inverness Take a boat on Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit Lochness Exhibition center
Day 12: Drive to Perth. Perth Leisure swimming pool, indoor. (sleep in Perth)
Day 13: Drive to Stirling Stirling Castle. (sleep in Sterling)
Day 14: Drive to Edinburgh for our flight
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay in London?
- 2 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 3 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 4 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 7 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 8 Cutback on Spain trip
- 9 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 10 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 14 driving from ancona to rome
- 15 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 16 Croatia transportation question.
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 2017 Easter in Italy
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík