My husband, 10 year old daughter and me, are planning our first trip to Scotland.
I've put together and itinerary and would love some feedback. I understand that the driving is slow and I'm wondering if I've left enough time between places to do what we want to do.
In addition, if there is something that we have missed, that you think a 10 year old would enjoy, or if we should not bother with something, please let me know. Thank you!
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Royal Mile/ Hop on Hop off bus. Good for 24 hours.
Day 2: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Edinburgh Castle, finish hop on hop off bus.
Day 3: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Old Town (Grey Frey’s Bobby) New Town (Park)
Day 4: More time in Edinburgh, then train to Glasgow (sleep in Glasgow)
Day 5: Glasgow (Glasgow) Burrell Collection – medieval tapestries, Stain glass, Rodin’s thinker, etc., Tisco Glasgow Outdoor Experience shop.
Day 6: Glasgow – Science museum, Fraser’s department shop
Day 7: Pick up car, drive to Oban (sleep in Oban) Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary.
Day 8: Drive to Fort William (sleep in /Fort William (The Jacobite Train) Hogwarts train over Glenfinnan Viaduct.
Day 9: Drive to Dunvegan Dunvegan Castle with the Fairy flag
Drive to Portree (Sleep Portree)
Day 10: Portree and drive to Inverness. (sleep Inverness)
Day 11: Inverness Take a boat on Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit Lochness Exhibition center
Day 12: Drive to Perth. Perth Leisure swimming pool, indoor. (sleep in Perth)
Day 13: Drive to Stirling Stirling Castle. (sleep in Sterling)
Day 14: Drive to Edinburgh for our flight
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam