My husband, 10 year old daughter and me, are planning our first trip to Scotland.
I've put together and itinerary and would love some feedback. I understand that the driving is slow and I'm wondering if I've left enough time between places to do what we want to do.
In addition, if there is something that we have missed, that you think a 10 year old would enjoy, or if we should not bother with something, please let me know. Thank you!
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Royal Mile/ Hop on Hop off bus. Good for 24 hours.
Day 2: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Edinburgh Castle, finish hop on hop off bus.
Day 3: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Old Town (Grey Frey’s Bobby) New Town (Park)
Day 4: More time in Edinburgh, then train to Glasgow (sleep in Glasgow)
Day 5: Glasgow (Glasgow) Burrell Collection – medieval tapestries, Stain glass, Rodin’s thinker, etc., Tisco Glasgow Outdoor Experience shop.
Day 6: Glasgow – Science museum, Fraser’s department shop
Day 7: Pick up car, drive to Oban (sleep in Oban) Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary.
Day 8: Drive to Fort William (sleep in /Fort William (The Jacobite Train) Hogwarts train over Glenfinnan Viaduct.
Day 9: Drive to Dunvegan Dunvegan Castle with the Fairy flag
Drive to Portree (Sleep Portree)
Day 10: Portree and drive to Inverness. (sleep Inverness)
Day 11: Inverness Take a boat on Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit Lochness Exhibition center
Day 12: Drive to Perth. Perth Leisure swimming pool, indoor. (sleep in Perth)
Day 13: Drive to Stirling Stirling Castle. (sleep in Sterling)
Day 14: Drive to Edinburgh for our flight
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 free international phone calls
- 4 International drivers permit
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 8 France Study Abroad
- 9 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 10 Paris and Normandy
- 11 Sicily Beach Resort
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 15 Two days in Rome
- 16 Classical Tour of Albania
- 17 First visit to London
- 18 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 19 Anniversary trip to France
- 20 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 21 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 22 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 23 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 24 London is it worth it?
- 25 Ideas on our first Europe holiday