My husband, 10 year old daughter and me, are planning our first trip to Scotland.
I've put together and itinerary and would love some feedback. I understand that the driving is slow and I'm wondering if I've left enough time between places to do what we want to do.
In addition, if there is something that we have missed, that you think a 10 year old would enjoy, or if we should not bother with something, please let me know. Thank you!
Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Royal Mile/ Hop on Hop off bus. Good for 24 hours.
Day 2: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Edinburgh Castle, finish hop on hop off bus.
Day 3: Edinburgh (sleep in Edinburgh) Old Town (Grey Frey’s Bobby) New Town (Park)
Day 4: More time in Edinburgh, then train to Glasgow (sleep in Glasgow)
Day 5: Glasgow (Glasgow) Burrell Collection – medieval tapestries, Stain glass, Rodin’s thinker, etc., Tisco Glasgow Outdoor Experience shop.
Day 6: Glasgow – Science museum, Fraser’s department shop
Day 7: Pick up car, drive to Oban (sleep in Oban) Scottish Sea Life Sanctuary.
Day 8: Drive to Fort William (sleep in /Fort William (The Jacobite Train) Hogwarts train over Glenfinnan Viaduct.
Day 9: Drive to Dunvegan Dunvegan Castle with the Fairy flag
Drive to Portree (Sleep Portree)
Day 10: Portree and drive to Inverness. (sleep Inverness)
Day 11: Inverness Take a boat on Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit Lochness Exhibition center
Day 12: Drive to Perth. Perth Leisure swimming pool, indoor. (sleep in Perth)
Day 13: Drive to Stirling Stirling Castle. (sleep in Sterling)
Day 14: Drive to Edinburgh for our flight
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 5 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 6 Ischia
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 First time in London
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 scotland
- 22 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 25 Barcelona