My husband and I decided to take our first trip to Europe this summer. It's overwhelming to plan by ourselves this first time! Because of our work schedules, we can only go for one week during the beginning of August. Since we live in a very hot, very touristy area, we would like to go somewhere cooler and less humid that Florida in August! And we would like to stick to a modest budget. Interests: I enjoy shopping, my husband enjoys walking/hiking, and we both prefer casual dining. Any suggestions about where we could go for such a short trip would be much appriciated!
first trip to Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 2 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 3 Ryan Air
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 6 Article on Naples
- 7 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 8 Recommended apartment rental in Verona?
- 9 A full week in The Netherlands
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 Albania for Beginners
- 12 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 13 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 14 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 15 Chambermaid tipping
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 18 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 19 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 20 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 21 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 22 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 23 Istanbul hotels
- 24 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 25 south eastern europe by train and walking