My husband and I decided to take our first trip to Europe this summer. It's overwhelming to plan by ourselves this first time! Because of our work schedules, we can only go for one week during the beginning of August. Since we live in a very hot, very touristy area, we would like to go somewhere cooler and less humid that Florida in August! And we would like to stick to a modest budget. Interests: I enjoy shopping, my husband enjoys walking/hiking, and we both prefer casual dining. Any suggestions about where we could go for such a short trip would be much appriciated!
first trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 8 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 17 Burgundy in May
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 A Greek sojourn
- 20 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 21 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 22 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe