My husband and I are touring Europe in 2016. We're starting in Ireland - Scotland - London - Belgium - France!
Currently I have us staying in Paris for 7 days (with a day trip to Versailles on the bicycles) we are not specifically artsy but it would be neat to see some of the greats which is why we plan to visit the Louve & Musee de'Orsay. I'm pretty pleased with our Paris itinerary, but then we leave for Bordeaux for 3 days, mostly because it has been a dream of mine to see the Chateau de Hautefort...and that's pretty much it. We aren't big wine drinkers, but I was hoping to see some French countryside since we'll be spending so much time in the city. I had checked out Burgundy, Lyon, and Grenoble...because it's on our way to Geneva but it didn't seem much different from Bordeaux so I may just take the train straight from Bordeaux to Geneva. If there are any other spots we should check out, please let us know! We are in our 30's and like moderate hikes but hoping to soak in a lot of French culture mostly, we love checking out beautiful architecture which seems to be plentiful throughout Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Athens
- 6 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Germany train help!
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 14 Meteora for older folk
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague