I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 2 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Where to from Verona
- 8 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 9 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 10 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 11 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 12 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 13 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 16 Train passes
- 17 RENFE error message during payment
- 18 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 19 Munich-6 days in September
- 20 My First Trip to Europe...
- 21 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 22 Europe itinerary
- 23 Greece Experts
- 24 Europe itinerary review
- 25 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo