I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Iceland car rental agencies
- 3 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 7 Tuscany First Time
- 8 Switzerland in October
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Italy in January?
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 13 2 days in Lugano area
- 14 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 15 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 16 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Recommendations
- 19 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 20 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 21 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 Paris- restaurant
- 25 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?