I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Ischia
- 6 What do after Bernia Express?
- 7 Germany family road trip help!
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 First time in London
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 scotland
- 22 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 25 Barcelona