I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 2 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 3 Whirlwind trip!
- 4 Car rental between countries
- 5 Holland Itinerary
- 6 Barcelona completely overrated
- 7 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 8 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 9 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 10 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 11 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 12 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 Rhine River Cruise
- 17 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 18 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 19 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 20 Greece in 15 Days
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Adaptors for Belgium
- 23 Train Ticket Help
- 24 I forgot my international driver permit
- 25 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card