I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
First time visitor on solo London trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 2 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 3 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 6 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 7 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 8 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 9 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Is my plan ok
- 12 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 13 Reputable Tours
- 14 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 15 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 16 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 17 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 18 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 19 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 20 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 23 Portugal Trip
- 24 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 25 Austria to Italy by car - best route