I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
First time visitor on solo London trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 german rail ticket question
- 3 What to wear
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 Eating in France-two new books
- 8 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 11 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 12 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 13 Buying Masks in Venice
- 14 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 15 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 16 Mask Making in Venice
- 17 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 18 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 19 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 20 Fashion for larger man?
- 21 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 24 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 25 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?