I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 2 자연의바다 릴게임 ▶ 홈피:≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 Lay over time
- 4 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 14 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 15 Flat in London
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 19 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 22 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 23 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 24 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 25 Skye to Edinburgh