I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
First time visitor on solo London trip
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 3 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 6 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 7 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 8 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 9 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 7 days in Andalucia
- 13 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 14 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 15 Planning a holiday
- 16 London at Easter
- 17 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 Traveling within Italy
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites