I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 2 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 3 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 4 Camino Redux
- 5 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 6 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 7 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 8 Naxos hotel question
- 9 PLITVICE LAKES
- 10 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 11 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 12 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 13 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 16 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 19 Juangfrau / mt
- 20 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 24 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 25 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).