I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 2 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 3 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 4 Flights from Croatia
- 5 Europe in late January
- 6 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 9 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 10 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 18 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 19 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 20 Scenic Driving Routes
- 21 Vienna to Bratislava
- 22 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 23 1 way ticket
- 24 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 25 pareja de hecho in Spain