I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris gtg in October?
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 4 Train rides
- 5 italy itinerary request
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 8 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 First time in Italy
- 11 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 12 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 13 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 14 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 15 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 16 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 17 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 20 Renting a car in Florence
- 21 What about Basque Country?
- 22 Salento penninsula
- 23 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 24 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris