I'm a twenty-something woman traveling to London in a week and a half-- my first solo trip so far from home. I'll be flying into Heathrow and was hoping to have a few questions asked to ease me into it.
My plane will land around 4pm and I was planning on taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and perhaps getting a cab from there, to my hotel. I'm not too worried about navigating the tube system, but I'd prefer not to do it with my giant suitcase. Is it fairly easy to catch a Black Cab from Paddington Station?
Also, I'm really there for a conference, but I want to do some touristy stuff while I'm free. Like I said, I don't mind navigating the tube, but I don't want to miss anything interesting I might find walking. Is it reasonable to walk from the Tower of London area (near my hotel), to the Westminster area?
Any other suggestions for a first time solo trip to London? Things to make it easier on me, since I'm already completely nervous.
First time visitor on solo London trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 5 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 6 Nice Video about Poland
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 Lavender Fields
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 13 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 14 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 15 Munich
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 18 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 23 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid